S2. White Day

• Chocolate Cake •

Ushijima POV

I did not know this until recently but every year on March 14 there is a day called White Day which is a month after Valentine's Day.

White Day is just like Valentine's Day except the guy is suppose to give something to the girl instead. For Valentine's day, Amu made me some chocolate so I wanted to give her something for tomorrow.

"Wakatoshi you don't need to give her anything extravagant, something simple is enough for Amu," Shikamaru tells me.

"Something simple..." I mumble. "A cake."

"Sure that doesn't sound bad--- wait a minute are you going to buy the cake or make it?" Shikamaru asks me.

"I'll make the cake. Isn't baking preferable over buying the cake?" I question and his face slightly pales.

"...." Shikamaru clears his throat. "In most cases yes, but not in your case. I'm suggesting you shouldn't... you know what no I'm saying that you really shouldn't --"

"I'll make the cake. Girls like it when a guy bakes them something. I read it from a book that it's quite impressive because it shows that you're putting all your love and feelings into it," I tell him and he facepalms himself.

"Don't ever say that again. It's cute when a girl says that, but it's disturbing when you say it," Shikamaru bluntly tells me.

"Okay?" I answer sort of confused.

Shikamaru looks at me then sighs. "Fine bake a cake, but you have to let me supervise you when it comes to cooking," he tells me and I look at him slightly offended by his words.

"Why?" I ask.

"No offense, but you don't want to get anyone sick you your cooking. I'm just saying. Just think of all the times people felt sick after eating your food," Shikamaru points out.

I think about the time when I made food for the boys volleyball team in the training camp and the time when I gave food to Amu when we went out on a picnic. In both cases they threw up after they ate and felt terrible right after.

...

"Fine," I answer.

"Great," Shikamaru says and hands me an apron. "Time to learn from your one and only butler."

(Baking Lessons Time with Shikamaru)

Through the past few hours, I felt like I was going through some serious training over baking a cake.

...

Baking a cake shouldn't be difficult, but... I assumed wrong.

Cake Preparation

"Wakatoshi... why are there vitamins on the table?" Shikamaru asks me surprised.

"I will add it into the cake. A person needs to be healthy and have a certain --" I try to explain, but he takes the vitamins and tosses them away into the cabinet.

"Don't ever put vitamins into your food again," Shikamaru states.

"???"

"Wakatoshi!" Shikamaru shouts.

"Okay," I answer.

1st try of making cake

"Stop!" Shikamaru shouts.

"What happened?" I ask as I crack the eggs in the bowl.