51. As a Team

The picture above represents all the members of the Shiratorizawa's girls volleyball team. It's just a visual idea of what they look like, but if you imagined them in a different way then go right on ahead. LOL I'm not very descriptive in how minor characters look so this is a great way to visualize them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amu POV
(In front of the Sendai Gym)

I can't believe it. Today is the day. Today is the Spring High Preliminaries in the Sendai Gym. These matches are going to determine whether or not we will head to Spring High Tournament in Tokyo.

"Yosh! Spring High Preliminaries here I come!" Seki pumps her fists up in joy with a happy dance.

"Calm down Seki, people are going to start to giving you strange looks," Erena says as she tries to ease down Seki's excitement. "We don't want to create too much attention."

"Pfft. Too late. I'm pretty sure everyone is starting to stare at our entire team now," Nao snickers.

"Well they're probably just admiring us," Shiro adds then flips her hair and I sweatdrop.

"Yeah right. More like they fear us," I mumble as I glance over to some players and they immediately start whispering to each other.

"I guess that makes sense since we did make it to the top 16 last time in the Interhigh Preliminaries so of course they'll see us as our competition," Shiro says with a haughty shrug and I swear I could see her nose grow longer.

"Wow! Top 16? That's pretty good," Erena compliments.

"Thanks, but I wish we could have gotten further," I tell her then sigh.

"Well we're here now so let's get as far as we can as a team," Erena says and I nod my head.

"You're right," I grin.

"Hm. Well I don't know about you two, but I'm planning on winning," Shiro says in full confidence. "I'm not going to let myself lose no matter who my opponents are."

"That's true," Erena giggles.

"I never said I was going to go easy on my opponents," I respond back to Shiro's words with a competitive smile.

"Aw everyone is getting along~" Seki pops up between the three of us. "But you three need to help Nao and I find Kazue and Kimiko, they went way ahead of us," Seki says and starts moving all over the place. "Captain~ Setter~ Where are you?~ " Seki sings as she searches around the building for Kimiko and Kazue.

"Seki you don't need to over-exaggerate. I bet Kazue and Kimiko are checking out our matches taking place today and the teams that are here," Nao answers. 

Matches for today... my heart starts to race. Who will we be playing against?

We scan all around the building and like Nao said we eventually found them over at the bulletin board looking through all the matches with the teams that we will possibly be playing against today.

As we walk over to them, I notice Kimiko and Kazue chatting and by accident, I overhear some of their conversation.

"Do you think you would be able to play as setter if you were playing against your sister?" Kazue questions. "I don't want to force you. We can substitute you for a different setter if we were ever to play a match against her," Kazue suggests and Kimiko purses her lips.