34. Tousled Hair

Amu POV
(The Next day - In the girls volleyball gym)

Finally, I'm back in the girls volleyball team! I take in a deep breath of fresh air and exhale out. I never thought I would get back in, but here I am standing in the girls volleyball gym with the team. I glance at Shiro and she nods her head after reading my expression. I smile. I bet she's glad to be back in the volleyball team as well.

"Girls!" Kazue claps her hands and brings the team in together before the start of practice. Everyone gathers around and takes a seat down on the floor. Kazue clears her throat. "I just want to welcome back our two team players, Shiro and Amu, who I temporarily banned for a short period of time, will now be returning to the team." She says and pulls the two of us to the front for everyone to see.

I awkwardly stand with Shiro in front of the girls in the team not really having any words to say. I don't really want people to know that I was temporarily banned from the team, but now it's completely known.

"No way Amu! Shiro! It's been so long that we almost forgot what you two look like ~ just kidding!" Seki jokes and everyone in the team laughs except for me and Shiro.

Shiro and I glance at each other with the same thoughts.

<.... >

<Because it has been a long time!!!>

"Anyways I knew that the two of you would find your own means to practice volleyball while being on a temporarily ban. The both of you didn't lose your skills which is great because you're going to need them for the intense practice matches we'll have with other schools in the near future," Kazue declares and turns to the entire team. "The Spring Tournament will not be taking place until a month and a half, but I want everyone to practice your hardest so we can this upcoming tournament!"

"Right!" We shout back in response.

Everyone starts to get ready for volleyball practice and my heart races in excitement being back in the team. This feels great!

Ring ring~ Ring ring~ Ring ring~

My cellphone starts to vibrate and I check my cellphone to see that I received a text from Wakatoshi.

<Amu. We have just arrived back to Shiratorizawa Academy. Coach Washijo is making the team run a couple of miles, but you can come practice in the gym today>

My eyes widen seeing his text message. Wakatoshi's back already. I haven't seen him in the past few days, but now that he's so close, I have the urge to go visit him.

I purse my lips. He's considerate to tell me that I could practice with him and the team again, but now I am a part of my own team. The Shiratorizawa's girls volleyball team.

<I'm back in the girls volleyball team as a regular player so I can't practice with you guys anymore. Sorry.>

I text back and Wakaothsi immediately replies back to me.

<It's fine. I'm glad that you're back in the team as a regular again.>

My cheeks warm up from his simple, kind words.

He sends me another message.

<When you finish practice text me so we can walk home together. Until then have a good practice.>