18. Self-Reflection

Amu POV
(In the morning)

I wake up early in the morning and get my siblings ready to go to preschool. Right now I'm braiding Ran's pigtails, while Rin is changing into his school clothes after taking a shower.

Rin and Ran have been going to preschool for a few days and enjoy every second of it. They make new friends and learn different things everyday.

As a big sister, it's hard to get used to seeing my little brother and sister get ready to go to preschool, but I have to get used to it.

If they're happy then I'm happy that they got the chance to go to preschool. They're growing up from the little babies that I used to help take care of, but now they are growing up and I'm growing up as well.

Compared to now, as a child I never understood how to have a regular school life because no one wanted to extend a hand of friendship to the invisible me. No one acknowledged me as a person and I was alone.

No matter how hard I tried to stand out, no one noticed me and because of that I almost lost the hope of making friends. Yet now, I have many friends in Shiratorizawa and can bring myself out as a person thanks to Ushijima.

I finally understand how fun school can really be. The silly moments and the exiting moments I got to experience. I wish I could tell my past self that I wasn't going to be lonely all my life.

Ring~ Ring~ Ring~ Ring~

The doorbell suddenly rings.

Who would ring at this time?

"Amu a friend of yours is here," my mom calls me out from the hallway and I flinch.

You know I really hoped for today to be a regular day, but once I heard 'friend' my mind starts to scatter. I don't have any friends that know where I live except for Ushijima.

Now is definitely not the time I want to see him after realizing my feelings for him.

My heart is not prepared! It's beating fast like crazy! I never thought he would come all the way out here?! I start pulling on my hair.

Why am I acting like one of those types of girls from the manga that Tendou reads that start to get flustered just by thinking about the guy they like?! I'm not like that! ... Well I thought I wasn't like that was till now!!

"Amu what's wrong?" Ran tugs my sleeve as she attempts to braid my hair.

He's here. He's here. He's here!

I slap my cheeks to calm my mind down. I need to be rational. This is Ushijima. He can't think for himself at all. Ushijima probably doesn't even realize my feelings at all!

I sweatdrop realizing the truth about my current situation. This is so one-sided. I'm starting to understand how he felt with his one sided friendship... But a one sided love is way worse!

"Amu I let your friend into the house~" my mom calls out in the hall and my eyes widen.

I-I didn't get myself ready! Why did Ushijima choose to come now?! He's coming at the wrong time! Normally he waits for me at school so why does he have to come to my house?!