40. Show and Tell

Amu POV
(Next day - At preschool)

Today the twins are going to show off Wakatoshi to everyone in their preschool. I'm not jealous that they're holding hands with him and are basically claiming him as his boyfriend even though he isn't.

....

Okay I'm somewhat jealous of Rin and Ran clinging onto Wakatoshi. However I won't admit that I'm completely jealous of them because I'm happy to see them like Wakatoshi so much.

"This is our chance to show how cool our Wakatoshi is!" Ran happily pumps her fists.

"Yah! We can show Natsu and Rizumu that we know a cool person too!" Rin claims as he pumps his fists as well.

"What do you mean by know a cool person?" I ask a little surprised by their choice of words.

"Rizumu brought her older sister, Rina, for show and tell and Rina cut in half 5 wooden boards with her hands," Ran blurts out.

...

I could imagine that.

"Natsu brought in Kimiko and she played violin for us," Rin adds in.

Kimiko plays violin?

"Hmm. What can Wakatoshi do?" I ask and their eyes sparkle.

"Mr. Ushi is the volleyball master!" They answer.

"Volleyball master?" Wakatoshi tilts his head over hearing the conversation. "Do you mean ace?"

"No volleyball master!!!" Rin shouts.

"Yah you can teach everyone how to play volleyball!" Ran says.

Teach all those kids volleyball... isn't that a little too much.

"Sure," Wakatoshi straightforwardly answers and I sweat drop.

As a child, I never tried to impress my friends over these kind of things ... not that I had many friends to begin with, but Rin and Ran are definitely different from me.

I take a glance at Wakatoshi to see how he feels about it, but he doesn't seem to mind being used to help little kids gain popularity.

"Thanks for helping them out again," I thank him.

"Not a problem as your boyfriend, I want to show you my good side," Wakatoshi says and I smile.

That's cute of--

"In How to build a strong relationship by Jun Tsukiyomi, it states that the boyfriend needs to impress the girlfriend by showing their skills so I will show you my skills in volleyball by teaching these kids," he adds and my mouth drops to the ground hearing his explanation.

He didn't need to say any of that just now!!! We could of had a cute moment without it!!!

"...." I stare at him with disbelief and I clear my throat. "Do you still read those friendship books?" I ask.

"I--" Wakatoshi tries to answer, but I stop him.

"Never mind, I don't want to know," I interrupt him before I can hear the answer that I probably shouldn't know.