22. Ambition

Amu POV
(On the stands)

I gulp as I watch the game between Niiyama Joshi and Karasuno High. This volleyball match had such a huge gap that it was not laughable at all. There was not much to say about the game. It was a easy win for Niiyama Joshi as if they were taking candy from a baby... In this case, Karasuno.

Final score
Karasuno - 0
Niiyama Joshi - 2

1st game
10-25

2nd game
6-25

I couldn't utter a single word. Karasuno gave a decent fight. They weren't the best team, but they weren't the worse. Niiyama Joshi however didn't care who they were facing and fought for every possible point they could squeeze off. A team like that is truly frightening.

"Don't underestimate them," Kazue states looking straight forward. "Shiratorizawa has always been winning until a few years ago because of the players on those courts right now. Their captain, Ranko, a 3rd year could easily lead the team to victory and their duo; Hana, the 2nd year setter and Chiharu, the 3rd year spiker. Chiharu is also recognized as the #4 in the nation. They play a huge role in the team, but it's not just them. Their whole team isn't to be messed around lightly."

"I see," I tightly grip onto my seat after watching their match. Their serves are powerful. Their receives are smooth. Their spikes are fierce. They're definitely a strong team.

If I want to win.... I'll most likely... No I'll have to face them in the future.

"Not surprised that Niiyama Joshi didn't show any mercy to Karasuno. The poor team couldn't even fight back. The Chiharu girl didn't even seemed fazed when some of the girls on Karasuno were tearing up when they attempted to receive her spikes or serves," Seki says with a shrug.

"She's a strong player," Nao mumbles. "Misaki is strong too, but the real challenge is figuring out how we can go against them. They seem like they have no weaknesses. If the Merciless Queen were here then we'll probably would have a chance--"

"Nao!" Kazue sternly calls her out and Nao shuts her mouth.

"Haha that's true, but it wouldn't be fair to Kimiko. Besides we have Amu here don't we?" Seki grins and my eyes widen.

"O-Of course," I hesitantly answer. I'm not a top player like Chiharu, Misaki, or the Merciless Queen. I don't have much experience on the court so I really wonder whether or not I could reach that level to play with against strong competitors. Only time will tell when I stand in the court with them.

Kazue clears her throat. "Girls since their match is over. Go ahead and take a break. We'll have one more match later during the day so eat lunch or do something else till then okay?"

"Yes!" We answer.

Hm. A few more hours. I should visit Rin and Ran, but earlier Touya told me that they were grabbing some lunch and he'll call me when he'll go to the boys gym to watch some other players that he knows.

The boys gym... I wonder what Ushijima is doing right now.

My thoughts wonder about him and I snap out of it when I hear a whistle from a current match going on. My eyes widen when I realize that everyone in the team left except for Kazue who stares out at the court.