S5. One Year Anniversary

•In the Farm ~ Starry Sky•

Amu POV

My boyfriend is the strangest person I know. Today's my first day as a second year in Shiratorizawa and I thought it was going to be a regular day, but that wasn't the case.

After school, Wakatoshi comes out of nowhere and kidnaps me.

...

My current location - farm.

Why am I in a farm????

Ever since we've arrived here, it's been really weird. We've been milking cows, riding horses, taking eggs from chickens, and plowing the fields.

It's basically like the life of a farmer in about 5 hours and after today I definitely know that I'm not meant to be a farmer.

Chickens hate me.

It sounds like a random statement but it's not. Once any chicken has eye to eye contact with me they would attack, but if Wakatoshi is there then they would act all innocent.

I hate chickens...

But that's not the point.

I watch Wakatoshi gather all the animals back into the barn and sit on a bundle of hay.

Why did Wakatoshi decide to come here today of all days and of all places?

I tried asking him multiple times why we're here to begin with, but he wouldn't tell me.

I sigh. At least I get a chance to be with Wakatoshi today. With him being in college it hasn't been easy to be in contact with him, but it's way better than what it could have been if he went to America for school.

"Moo!" I jump startled by the sudden noise from a cow next to ear and immediately jerk back in shock, but rather than finding a cow next to me I find Wakatoshi there.

D-Did Wakatoshi do that?!?!?!

"Did you moo?" I ask him and he nods his head. "Why!?"

Wakatoshi shrugs. "You didn't answer when I called your name so I thought about trying something else to get your attention," he answers and I stare at him with a deadpanned look.

So he decides to moo in my ear.

...

Wakatoshi's reasoning is beyond this world.

Wakatoshi takes my hand and pulls me along. "Let's go."

"Go where?" I ask as I follow him along.

"I'll show you when we get there," Wakatoshi says and pulls me along.

It's a farm where can we go? It's in the middle of nowhere too?!?!

After a couple of minutes we end up at a big empty field. "We're here," Wakatoshi says and all I see is a single hammock.

"???" I'm so confused.

Wakatoshi leads me to the hammock and lays down on it.

Wha--

Wakatoshi gestures me to lay down with him on the hammock.

My face blushes bright red. Wait what?!?!?!

He wants me to lay down with him on a hammock then what?!?!?!?!

All these dirty thought come into my mind. I slap my cheeks hard.

Wakatoshi is the most innocent naive man I know. Nothing's going to happen... right?!?!?!

Wakatoshi takes my hand and pulls me to the hammock.

"Waka---" I blurt out in embarrassment as I fall to hammock and end up laying down with him. He holds me in his arms and points to the sky.

"Look up," he says and I look up. My eyes widen from the beautiful sky.

The starry sky. Compared to the city, the countryside has thousands of stars dancing in the night sky. It's a breathtaking sight.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" I stare at the sky and try to grab my hands from the stars far away from my grasp. Wakatoshi takes my hand that's out trying to grab a star and holds onto it.

"Happy 1 year anniversary," Wakatoshi tells me.

My eyes widen. Wait today is our one year anniversary?!?! I think about it and he's right. Today's the first day we met which is basically our anniversary.

I immediately and slightly bow my head down. "I'm sorry Wakatoshi I totally forgot!" I apologize and Wakatoshi chuckles.

"It's fine Amu," Wakatoshi tells me and I blush seeing his smile and I lay back down next to Wakatoshi and try to cover the embarrassed look on my face.

"Why did you choose to come here?" I ask him the question that I had since we first came here.

"I chose this place because it's a nice quiet place because you don't like going to busy and loud places right? The farmer here told me it would be okay for me to be here if I helped him with the farm so sorry if you didn't like working in a farm," Wakatoshi apologizes me and I shake my head.

"Don't apologize. It was strange that I plowed the fields and did all those things, but I didn't hate. If I got to be with you then it's not that bad at all," I grin. "Besides I got to see a different side of you too. Wakatoshi the farmer." I jokingly tell him

"I'm glad," Wakatoshi says.

A small smile forms on my face. "No.. thanks for being with me Wakatoshi. It's been a year but--"

"Zzz...." Wakatoshi lightly snores.

Huh?

I blink a couple times then realize that Wakatoshi fell asleep.

"Pfft," I lightly giggle seeing Wakatoshi fall asleep.

Wakatoshi did work hard out in the fields today he does need to rest up a bit. I wrap my hand with his hand.

One year has passed since the two of us have met each other and together we have faced many obstacles along the way, but we grew stronger together. I tightly hold onto Wakatoshi's hand. We've only been together for a year, but from this point forward I want to be with Wakatoshi for the rest of my life.