15. Ushiwaka

Amu POV
(In class)

I swear it's been a month since school started... So why is there a student suddenly introducing herself after two weeks of school?

"Hi my name is Kimiko Serizawa," Kimiko greets us with a silly grin. "I came here on the first few days of school, but I had to have a short period of absence because there were some things that needed to be taken care of," she claps her hands in apology. "but now I'm here and I'm ready to learn." She says with a bright smile.

After her quick self-introduction, I immediately hear a wave of whispers from the class about Kimiko's return.

Kimiko Serizawa... After hearing her name, I easily recognize her as the girl I met her on the first day of school for PE. Kimiko probably doesn't remember my name which is understandable a lot of people tend to forget about me anyways.

I take a quick glance at Goshiki who's sitting near me to see if his reaction is like everyone else's and I sweatdrop. Nope it's different alright, but I'm not surprised of his reaction whatsoever.

"I can't believe I'm seeing a Serizawa!" Goshiki gawks with his eyes sparkling.

"A Serizawa?" I question and Goshiki gasps.

"You don't know?!" He says and a vein pops on my head.

"I'm sorry that I'm not educated to know what a 'Serizawa' is," I bluntly tell him with a pissed off demeanor.

Goshiki shakes his head in disappointment. "The Serizawa family have some of the biggest monopolies in Japan besides the Akashi family and Ushijima family." Goshiki answers and comes closer to me to whisper something. "The truth is that I actually heard that the Ushijima family isn't as powerful as the other two, but apparently they're still a strong and wealthy family. I think Ushijima might be rich."

"He's definitely rich," I mumble thinking about the expensive contacts he bought me. "Is that why everyone gossiping about her? That she comes from a wealthy family?"

"....  Not exactly. There's actually a lot more to it. Kimiko's older sister, Natsuki is a year older than us and she was the previous volleyball queen as well as the previous candidate to be head of the family, but at some point she quit and left the Serizawa family," Goshiki says all knowingly and then looks over to Kimiko.

"Kimiko, on the other hand, is the younger sister and is known as a setter in volleyball. She's the current candidate to be head of the Serizawa family after Natsuki's disappearance." Goshiki states and I massage my forehead.

I just heard way too much politics that I don't want to know about. Besides why does Goshiki know about all of this??? I bet he has a shrine for them just like how he does with Ushijima.

"It's great having you back Kimiko, I understand that adjusting to high school or challenging when you're only suppose to be a first year in middle school so if you need any help ask your peers or me," the teacher pats her on the back and my eyes widen.

Wait she's suppose to be a first year in junior high?! Is she like smart or something?! I look around the room and no one looks surprised. Am I like missing something?! Are rich people smart???

I think about Ushijima and I sweatdrop. No not all rich people are smart. There are definitely some that aren't smart.

"Kimiko, you will sit behind Goshiki and next to umm..." I watch the teacher hesitate to say my name and I sigh. She forgot, but at least she notices that I exist.