4. A Follower

Amu POV
(Next day of school -In class)

"Tomoko Tsukigami," I overhear my teacher call out the attendance. I finish up the homework that the class was assigned today so I wouldn't have to do it at home and instead take the time to care for Rin and Ran.

"Here," the girl replies back and I pause for a few seconds after hearing her reply back to the teacher. The next name should be mine, but knowing the teacher for only the first few days of school, I'm probably not going to hear my name again.

"Kei Himura," The teacher calls and I nod my head already knowing the outcome. The teacher forgot to call out my name again. I seriously wonder whether or not I have an attendance at all, maybe she marks me down as here, but never says my name. It doesn't matter though I already gotten used to not hearing my name and not being noticed like air. It's a routine.

I spin my pencil around my fingers to pass by time after finishing the homework assignment. I want this to be over, I say and my finger slip and the pencil drops down on the floor. Tch! I click my tongue in annoyance and pick up the pencil, but someone picks my pencil up first and hands it to me.

"Thanks," I take the pencil from him.

"You're welcome," a familiar voice says. My eyes widen from their very likelihood that I knew the person sitting next to me and I turn to my right to see who it was then quickly turn back to my desk.

"...................." My mind blanks out of all reasonable thoughts.

Yesterday, I told myself that once I find Ushijima that I'll talk to him about the contacts he gave. Anyways that was suppose to be the plan, but I didn't see him in the morning....No....Putting that aside... There's something more important than that problem. Yes indeed a bigger problem than him paying $10,000 for a pair of contacts. I take a quick glance to my right seeing Ushijima sitting next to me in a first year classroom as if it was a regular routine for him to go to my class.

What's wrong with him!? Why is here!? I thought he had a loose screw, but it seems like its more than one screw. Is he seriously the professional volleyball player everyone knows!? My eye twitches from the tv like scenario... No... There is nothing like this out there. Ushijima is his unique kind. Ever since he came to my life, it started to turn to a different direction.

"Um. Ushijima right?" I awkwardly whisper to him. I turn towards him and he looks the other direction. This is beyond strange, I just want a normal life with or even the life before I met him. "Ushijima. What are you doing in this class? Shouldn't you be in your first period class in the 3rd years building?" I ask him in a louder whisper and he reluctantly turns around.

"I'm following you," he straightforwardly tells me. My shoulders slump down from the creepy answer he gives me and I turn back to my desk with a conflicted feeling....Maybe it was best to just ignore him and leave him alone.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi, what are you doing in my class?" The teacher asks him noticing him after finishing the class attendance. I can't believe I'm thinking this but... Sensei please take him away from me as far as possible, I pray to myself. I don't want this clingy person demanding friendship anywhere near me.

Ushijima shrugs. "I'm following Amu," he answers and suddenly all eyes are on me. I hide my face under a textbook. This attention though... It's feels like Ushijima is the large tree and I'm the little flower that happen to get some attention since I'm next to something so large and noticeable."I need to form a friendship with Amu as soon as possible." He states and everyone starts murmuring about it.