S7. Proposal

"I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me"

Ushijima POV

Today is the day. I always thought about when it would be the right time to propose to Amu ever since she graduated out of college and over time I decided that the best time to propose to her would be on the day that we started dating each other.

Today I planned to go on a fancy restaurant date for dinner with Amu. She wouldn't expect anything because she just knows that today is our anniversary of when we first started dating, but in reality it would be more than just that. I would be proposing to her and Amu would never expect it.

I read on the recent book published by Jun Tsukiyomi, How to propose to the woman you love that women love surprises and sweets. So I decided to combine those two ideas when I propose to her.

My plan to propose to Amu is after dinner when we're ordering dessert and I will give her a cake that says 'will you marry me' and then go down on one knee to propose to her.

I asked for Tendou's opinion on it and he just said it would be a good idea so I'm sure Amu would love this surprise.

"You didn't have to take me here," Amu says after she finishes her dinner.

"It's fine," I tell her. "I want to treat my girlfriend out once in a while. It's not a problem is it?"

"N-No it's not," Amu stutters with slightly pink cheeks. "We should go out for somewhere for dessert my treat."

"We can't," I bluntly tell her.

"Wait why?" Amu asks surprised by my straightforward answer.

The waitress comes over to our table. "Will that be it for today?" She asks.

"That will be--" Amu tries to tell her, but I interrupt.

"We will have 2 crepes with the special," I order.

"Oh the special!" The waitress gasps and then clears her throat after seeing the confused look on Amu's face. "Alright, is that it?" The waitress asks and I nod my head.

"That will be it," I answer.

"Waka-kun. You didn't have to order dessert for me. We could put for a simple ice cream treat, I would've been fine with that," Amu says and I shake my head.

"No it's a must," I tell her and Amu sweatdrops.

"Well, you already bought so its not like I have much of a choice anymore," Amu sighs and I nod my head.

The waitress comes in and brings in a cake with lit up candles.

Amu's eyes widen when she reads the words on the dessert in front of her. "Hey Wakatoshi I think they gave me the wrong--"

I get down on one knee and open the blue ring box. "Amu. Will you marry me?" I propose to her.

"Eh?" Amu says and I repeat my words. 

"Amu. Will you marry me?" I repeat again waiting for her response.

...

Why is she not responding???

I look at Amu and see tears streaming down her face.

"You Waka-Baka," Amu cries and my eyes widen

Baka???

Did I do something wrong?

I didn't follow the book exactly was that my mistake???

"Do you not want to marry me?" I ask slightly confused and nervous.

I thought that this would be the right way to propose.

Did I do something wrong???

"N-No," Amu wipes her tears. "Of course I want to marry you too," she tells me sniffling in her tears.

"Then why are you crying?" I ask.

"Because I love you too. So yes I want to marry you too!!!" She answers my proposal and the tips of my lips turn up hearing her response.

"I'm glad," I genuinely smile.