27. Turning Point

Amu POV
(After school - In the library)

I need a stress reliever. I wish I could be playing volleyball to release all this stress building up inside of me, but nope this is a serious time in Shiratorizawa for the boys and girls volleyball team.

Exam time!

"I... I don't understand this! What do I do?!?!" Goshiki shouts in the library and everyone shushes him.

"Aw come on Tsutomu~ You won't be future ace if you talk like that," Tendou pats him on the back and Seki snickers.

"Onii-chan is right. You don't want be the one to ruin the GPA for the team and never be ace," Seki says with a smile.

"He will definitely ruin the GPA. Idiots like him won't pass his exams," Shirabu mumbles.

"Wha... I-I won't fail! I'm the best student in class right Amu?" Goshiki turns to me and I sweatdrop.

More like the one who always raises his hand when he thinks he has the answer, but he really doesn't know the answer.

"Kenjiro! Don't be mean to your kouhai!" Kazue scolds her younger brother.

The people in the library shush us and I stare at them with a deadpan look. Why am I here again with everyone again???

"Why do exams have to exist?" Nao complains then yawns as she opens her textbook to force herself to study.

Kawanishi shrugs, "I don't know, but exams are killing my youth."

Semi walks and stands right behind them then hits them on the back. "C'mon you two need to keep at it!" He says as the two of them fumble from his surprise hit.

....

Isn't this Shiratorizawa? They have a written test to see if you fit the requirements to attend this school. Everyone should be smart to some extent, why are they studying so hard for these exams?

"I don't exactly understand why is everyone is trying to get perfect scores. We could study and play volleyball. Exams aren't that bad," I suggest and Ohira shakes his head.

"When it comes to exams, clubs and sports team can get a large amount of funds depending on the average score of the group," Ohira answers and everything in my head clicks.

"So basically you guys are all studying for the money," I state and everyone nods their head.

...Why am I not surprised...

If it's like that then everyone should he here. I scan around the table... I don't see Ushijima here. Not that I was thinking about him, but he was the first to come to mind. "Not everyone is here, where are they?" I vaguely question not letting my true thoughts show.

Where is he right now?

"Hm. Kimiko isn't going to come because she said she studying with a friend from Karasuno and Shiro didn't respond to my text yet. Besides those two I believe everyone's here on the girls team," Kazue answers.

"Oh... Okay... " I answer slightly disappointed that I still didn't know where Ushijima was. Does everyone think about the person they like this much???