36. Hayashi Rice

Amu POV
(Shopping at a grocery store)

It's been about a little more than a week since Wakatoshi's sudden appearance in my house and I still can't forget about it.

It's surprising enough to see him with my parents, but what's more surprising to me is how both of my parents like Wakatoshi as my boyfriend.

My dad especially isn't exactly a friendly, easy person to get along with but somehow he accepts Wakatoshi.

....

Amazing... how does Wakatoshi make everyone like him?

As relieved as I am that my parents are fine with me dating Wakatoshi, I still can't believe he kept it a secret from me. I wish I've known so I could have gone with him rather than let him go by himself and blurt out everything about relationship.

Yet after seeing Wakatoshi introduce himself to my parents, I felt like I needed to introduce myself to his parents.

I asked him if I could set an arrangement to meet with his parents, but he would always shoot down the idea by saying that it's not necessary and only a waste of my time.

I sigh. I'm not angry with him for not letting me see his parents, but I find it a little frustrating. I mean it's reasonable that he wants to visit my parents, but when I want to meet his parents, he says no.

Like shouldn't they know?

I try to push these thoughts off my mind. I'm shopping for today's family dinner, I can't let myself get distracted. I take in a deep breath then exhale out to relax.

Wakatoshi may have his own reasons why he doesn't want me to meet his parents so I need to be patient and wait for him to tell me.

As I clear my thoughts, I accidentally bump into a man and fall down. "Ow!" I blurt out as some of my things drop out of my school bag.

"Sorry about that," the person apologizes and he helps me pick up my things. His eyes widen seeing my school ID. "You're Amu?" The man asks me suddenly holding the school ID that fell off my school bag.

"I am..." I answer him slightly suspicious. It's not like I can say it's not me when there's a picture of my face right there.

"Do you know Wakatoshi Ushijima?" He asks and I purse my lips.

Does he know Wakatoshi?

"What if I do?" I circle my way around his question and he smirks.

"You're an interesting girl, I can't believe Wakatoshi is dating someone like you," he comments and my eyes widen.

"How do you know that?" I question surprised.

"I am a man of intelligence. My name is Shikamaru, Wakatoshi's butler," he introduces himself.

"Butler?" I repeat. "Are you serious???"

Wakatoshi has a butler????

Do all rich kids have butlers???

"I am a butler, but lately I've been feeling like his love advisor instead," he complains and scratches the back of his neck.