60. Farewell Third Years~

Ushijima POV
(Day before Graduation - At gym)

Today, us third years decided to visit the first and second years before the day of our graduation and give them our farewells.

"Alright..." Soekawa, the vice-captain, says looking around. "Was there anything else--"

I wave my hand. "Can I say something?"

"Sure?" Soekawa says curious.

"Kawanishi," I call out and everyone jolts back surprised by my sudden call.

"Ye-yes!" Kawanishi responds.

I clear my throat. "Once Tendou's passed on..."

"Wakatoshi-kun isn't that a phrase you're only meant to use when someone died," Tendou interjects. "I'm still alive."

I ignore Tendou's side comment. "You're going to become the cornerstone for our blocking strength you ought to have more confidence in yourself. Furthermore you need more pace to your serves," I advise.

"Ye-yes!" Kawanishi answers.

"Shirabu," I call out.

"Yes!" Shirabu responds.

"The foundation of our team from this point forth will rest on your shoulders. Please make sure to keep alive our team tradition of never having any liabilities at the spiker position. Be sure to polish your defensive skills while you're at it," I advise.

"Yes" Shirabu answers.

"Umeda." I call out.

"Yes," Umeda responds.

"You need to have more consistency in your overall form, try to practice that somehow," I advise.

"Yes!" Umeda answers.

"Is he planning to talk to everyone individually?" Yamagata whispers. "I thought we were going to say our quick good byes and leave."

"It's Wakatoshi after all he probably has a lot in his mind that he wanted to say before we all leave," Ohira comments.

"It's a rare to sight to see though," Semi says with a smile on his face.

"Wait he sure has been watching everyone really closely," Tendou comments. "All this time I thought he didn't pay attention to his surroundings, but he should does when it comes to volleyball."

"Yunohama." I call out.

"Yes!" Yunohama responds.

"Faster block reflexes please," I advise.

"Yes!" Yunohama answers.

"Sagae." I call out.

"Yes" Sagae responds.

"Strengthen your lower body," I advise.

"Yes!" Sagae answers.

"Ne ~ look at Tsutomu he's shaking like deer," Tendou whispers to the third year group.