52. Burst of Energy

Amu POV
(2nd day of Spring High Preliminaries - Shiratorizawa vs Ougiminami High)

Current score
Shiratorizawa - Ougiminami High
Total : 1-0
2nd set : 23 - 10

"I got it!" Kazue shouts and receives the volleyball after our opponent serves the volleyball to our side.

Kimiko immediately gets into position ready to set the volleyball.

"Over here!" Erena shouts.

I check for any hand signs made by Kimiko and I saw hand sign #2 which stands for a fake spike.

I sprint over to the end of the volleyball court and jump up. All the blockers follow me ready to block me, but I deceive them all by pretending to spike the volleyball down and let the volleyball past me to go towards Erena.

Their eyes widen in realization for the mistake they made.

Erena powerfully spikes the volleyball and we score a point.

"Yes!" Erena and I high five each other.

The score changes to 24-10.

Our opponents grit their teeth in frustration seeing the score on the scoreboard.

One more point till we win the game.

The next server serves the volleyball and I receive the volleyball.

Kimiko follows the volleyball ready to toss the volleyball to someone.

"Toss it here!" Shiro says with a wave and Kimiko tosses the volleyball right at Shiro.

Shiro spikes the volleyball, but the other team receives it.

Their setter tosses the volleyball to another spiker who spikes the volleyball, but Nao's hand partially touches the volleyball.

"One touch!" Nao shouts.

Erena receives the volleyball and the volleyball goes up in the air again.

Kimiko goes into position is ready to toss the volleyball.

"Again!" Shiro shouts.

I look over to Kimiko to see hand signal #3 then I glance over to Shiro for permission.

Shiro's eyes told me what I needed to do. Hand signal #3. Surprise them and us. Shiro will spike the volleyball if it comes her way, but if I want to I can disrupt Kimiko's toss in between then spike it.

I quickly sprint in between the toss.

My opponents didn't focus on me because I've been faking my spikes most of the time so I took this to my advantage.

When Kimiko tosses the volleyball to Shiro, she slightly changes the projectile of the volleyball.

I easily spike in between the toss of the volleyball and the blockers couldn't keep up with my speed. This clean volleyball spike scored us the final match point.