44. Ushijima Family

Amu POV
(At Ushijima Family Residency)

Swoosh~ thunk. Swoosh~ thunk. Swoosh~ thunk.

My eyes flutters from the light shining down on me and the birds chirping on the trees. I look around and figure out that the noise that woke me up was a bamboo water fountain outside the old fashion Japanese room that I'm in.

Where am I?

...

Tch! I tightly hold onto my head. My head hurts.

I force myself to get up and become fully aware of my surroundings. I'm definitely not in school right now. I think back to the incident that happen earlier.

I must be in the Ushijima residency.

I gulp. I can't believe I'm actually here. What's going to happen to me? What am I going to do now?

I look at my smartphone. I want to text Wakatoshi, but I don't want to worry him. He has an early morning practice match with a nearby college. I can't interrupt him, I need to get out of here on my own.

The door slides open and I immediately stand up ready to defend myself, but instead I find Shikamaru panting for air like he ran miles to come here. "Thank god you're here Amu, " Shikamaru sighs in relief and bends down to knees.

"Shikamaru what are you doing here?" I ask. "Actually what am I doing here?"

Shikamaru scratches the back of his neck. "Well... I'm limiting my words because of where we happen to be, but basically you're trapped here in the Ushijima residence. Madame and Lady Ushijima want to meet you and they're using you as bait to get Wakatoshi here." Shikamaru tells me and goes on his phone to send a text to someone.

"As bait!? Wakatoshi isn't actually going to come here is he!?" I shake Shikamaru's shoulders.

I'm being a burden for Wakatoshi right now. I clench my teeth to hold in my frustration. I feel so useless. 

"Don't worry Amu. It's not your fault. You literally had nothing to do with this," Shikamaru pats me on the head. "I'll be with you right now, but Wakatoshi will come here as soon as he possibly can." 

Someone knocks on the door and Shikamaru click his tongue. "They're here already," he mumbles slightly annoyed. "You can come in."

One of the men in a black suit that kidnapped me earlier slides the door open. "Shikamaru. Madame and Lady Ushijima want to meet with Amu at this moment, if you would like to you can guide her there, but if not I will take her right now."

I glance at Shikamaru and he sighs. "What a pain," he mutters but turns to me. "But I made a promise with someone to keep my eyes on you and keep you safe until that he comes."

Shikamaru directs me around this confusing maze of a house and eventually we arrived to a room bigger than the rest of the room in this residency.

Shikamaru pulls me close. "You are about to meet Madame and Lady Ushijima. You need to keep a level head with them because the moment you falter, they win," he whispers and I nod my head.

I need to have confidence, I am Wakatoshi's girlfriend. Amu Kawasaki.

Shikamaru and I walk into the room then fold our knees on the tatami floor mat with a table in front of us. Across the table, I notice that there was a young lady with short black hair sitting on the other side of the table with a stern look on her face.