39. Investigations

Amu POV
(Few days later in class)

For the past few days... Wakatoshi has been following me around more than I can possibly handle. He walks behind me rather than next to me and he always needs to know where I'm going. I haven't gotten used to it whatsoever, but realistically what kind of person can get used to this?

Luckily at this moment, Wakatoshi is late to my class... not his class, but my class.

Anyhow putting aside my thoughts to not get myself a headache... Kimiko and I are sitting down in our seats and watch Goshiki entertain us by playing the little detective he wants to be.

My first thoughts about Goshiki... he's an an idiot. A good guy to be friends with to pass by time... but an idiot.

"Kimiko and I have been working hard to investigate who's been stalking you and we now know it's the Ushijima family," Goshiki proudly declares as he tries to show off his detective costume and I face palm myself.

"I already know that," I bluntly tell him and he pouts.

"I'm not done speaking," he cries out and I sigh.

"Fine. Keep on speaking then," I tell him and his eyes light up.

"Kimiko investigated it and the attempt of the kidnap was done by the mother and grandmother of Ushijima-senpai. Therefore we concluded that they definitely know that you're his girlfriend," he claims and I turn to Kimiko for some clarification.

"Basically they are trying to get you to get him, but lately because Wakatoshi has been around you so much they haven't taken any action to make an attempt on another kidnap," Kimiko explains.

"I guess that his stalking is a good thing after all," I mutter to myself.

Kimiko plays with the pencil in her hand. "I never did like the Ushijima family. His mother and grandmother aren't exactly easy to please. They didn't even consider my sister, Natsuki, as a marriage candidate for Ushiwaka because they want a woman of true 'noble' status or whatever that means."

"Noble?" I question and Kimiko nods her head.

"They are a much more traditional family compared to the Akashi family and the Serizawa family," Kimiko comments. "Being too traditional can be quite a dangerous trait because they're not open to new things."

...

Does that mean they probably won't accept my relationship with Wakatoshi???

"Anyhow with Ushijima-senpai around you. You're completely safe!" Goshiki pats me on the back.

"You mean Wakatoshi stalking me," I correct him.

"Yep!" Goshiki pumps his fists with a smile. "Everywhere all the time. You're so lucky!"

Lucky? I look at Goshiki with a deadpanned expression and Kimiko sniffles in a laugh.

"Pfft. Ushiwaka has been following you around more than before the two of you were dating," Kimiko points out and I sigh.

He's been following me 24/7. I might start recognizing him as a stalker rather than my my boyfriend... hopefully that's never the case.