11. Friendship Books

Amu POV

I finish taking a shower and put a towel around my neck. The showers in this camp are so nice and way better than the showers in my house, there's actual warm water that stays warm for longer than 3 minutes. It's like the dream.

I stretch my arms and feel a sudden quench for something to drink.... I'm thirsty... I'll get myself a cup of milk. I don't really like milk, but I always see people drink milk after they take a nice, long shower. I never understood why people drink milk after a shower, but I don't see any harm trying. I head to the refrigerator and into the kitchen to get some fresh milk to drink.

Not much to my surprise do I find a red hair boy with sweats scavenging inside the refrigerator for something to eat at the night.

"What are you doing here Tendou?" I ask crossing my arms and he slightly flinches as if he was caught in crime.

"Eating chocolate ice cream," he answers as he takes out a chocolate ice cream tub. "Oh you're not wearing braids."

"Ran normally braids my hair on the morning," I answer. "Wait are you going to eat the entire tub?" My eyes widen in disbelief and he shrugs.

"Can't read this week's jump without it." He says as he takes a large spoon and scoops himself some ice-cream to eat.

"How can you eat chocolate ice cream and read manga at the same time?" I ask completely confused how those two can even come together.

"Years of doing it," he proudly says with a grin.

I sweatdrop. That's nothing to be proud of.....

"Do you read shounen jump?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"I don't have money to buy it," I straightforwardly answer. "It's expensive."

He jolts back in shock putting his hand on his heart as if he saw a pitiful being. "You poor thing. You're missing out on so much.... you know what I'll lend it to you just like how I let Wakatoshi borrow them," he mockingly says patting me on the back with sympathy. "Then we can talk about it together," he happily says with a small smile.

"Ushijima read shounen manga?" I suspiciously question Tendou. "That doesn't sound like him at all."

"Hmm... What kind of books do you think he reads the most right now?" Tendou asks me.

"....volleyball magazines," I pathetically answer.

"Pfft. Not even close, but I can't say that since I thought the same thing at first too." Tendou says and tries to keep in his laughter. "If you want to know what kind of books Wakatoshi reads, just pay attention to everything in his room. You're going to have a pillow fight there aren't you?" He questions me with his usual annoying smirk.

"I am, but I'm only going because the twins asked me to," I straightforwardly answer and he shrugs.

"Oh sure you are, but you know Wakatoshi is a man. He may seem harmless to the point he wouldn't even hurt a fly, but those are the ones you should watch out for," Tendou says swinging his weekly jump around.

"How can I trust someone who first met me and decided to kidnap me in a bag?" I retort.

"Hahaha," Tendou snickers . "You got to admit that it was funny, but trust me once you see the books then you'll know he isn't so innocent," he says in a serious voice and my eyes widen.