Chapter 39

Next morning after breakfast we had some time to ourselves before the show. So Tristan and I sat in the dressing room watching movies. After the second one we decided to take a break to get a popcorn refill.

"You ready to start another movie?" I ask plopping down onto the couch.

"Actually I want to give you something, here." Tristan says pulling out a box out of his pocket.

"Tristan, you know I don't-" he cuts me off and opens it. "It's- it's beautiful."

"Only for a beautiful girl," he answers making me blush. "Turn around."

I did what he said so he could put on the necklace. It was medium sized in the shape of a heart .

He wraps his arms around my body. I turn so we are both in a comfort position before I say anything else.

"I- thank you." I say letting out a breath. "I'm a little speechless right now."

"Don't be," Tristan said. And with that I started to tear up. "We've been through so much together. Now I'll always be there with you." He pauses to regain composure, which almost makes me break. "Turn the necklace around," he says softly. I do and there's two word inscribed, I promise.

With that I break into tears, "I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything at all. Instead let's start the next movie, how about since this moment happened we can watch a comedy." I give him a look but then had to laugh.

"Wow way to change the mood to quickly. But fine, let's watch what ever you want."

He gives me a evil smile, "close your eyes."

"Why?" I ask getting nervous. I know what's capable of. But he wouldn't dare ruin the sweet day were sharing so far today.

I heard him scrolling through movies until he found the right one. The beginning started to play, "okay open you can open you're eyes now."

I opened them and gave Tristan another glare, "really? Grown ups?"

"Hey, you said I can choose. Now deal with it and watch it with me." He said all sassy back to me.

"Fine," I said to him as we started to enjoy the movie.

~

But just like last night I couldn't concentrate on the movie. My mind kept wandering. I had a nagging question to ask him, but I waited till the end of the movie to talk to him.

"So do you want to put in another movie?" he asked. "I promise to let you pick the next one."

I stared at him, wondering what to say. "Um actually I think we should talk."

"Okay, so what's up?" He asked turning the table to me.

"That's what I wanted to ask you. Tristan, you've always wanted to know about how I feel. And I'm eternally thankful for that. For always knowing what I want. But I never know what's on you're mind." I pause for a moment, "so what are you thinking about?"

He gives me a weird look, and the longer he looks at me I get scared as to what he's going to say. "I think we need more popcorn," he says standing up.

"No," I shout, grabbing his arm and pulling him back to the couch next to me. "Let me rephrase that. Tell me something you've always wanted to tell me but never had the guts to do it."

He stares at me. I think he's leaning in so I discreetly lean back. "I'm sorry I can't." He snaps me out of my gaze.

"I'm sorry, but you can't what?" I say, a hint of anger in my voice.

"You wouldn't understand if I told you." Tristan stands up, I follow trying to grasp onto his words.

"Maybe if you told me I would understand." I try to stay calm but my fury is slowly building up.

He reaches for the door, "I know how you feel about what I want to tell you. But I don't see it like that."

"Goddamit Tristan stop talking in riddles and just-" he didn't let me finish as the door slammed shut. I blinked away my tears and realized he wasn't there anymore.

I let the tears fall as I sat down on the couch, clutching the necklace so hard it left an indent on my hand. I know I need to fix it, I brought it up.

Now it's me who needs to mend our friendship this time. 

~

Authors note
Well this was going to be like the third to last chapter but this didn't exactly go as I intended in the end. But that's okay because I'm just not ready to let Charlie and Tristan go yet.

Sorry that it's so short.