Chapter 25

"Boys, Charlie!" A loud voice came from the hotel room door.

Since there was two days of concerts here in Pennsylvania we stayed in a hotel. Which is good because Liz was coming one of the days.

"I've missed you boys so much. It's a good thing the school was on summer break." Liz snapped at them like Molly Weasley. "Hello Charlie how are you feeling?" She asked me gripping me in a tight hug.

"I'm okay, I guess." Everyone becomes quiet and stares at me.

"We're getting along," says Tristan swooping in, saving the moment.

"Well it's good to see that when I came."

I sigh a relief and give Tristan a hug after everyone leaves the room. "You doing okay?" I ask looking up at him.

He pauses for a moment. I search his eyes for the truth which is the opposite of what he says. "Yes I'm fine."

I give him a stern look, "we'll talk later. Please?" Those few words gives him a slight smile as he leads me to everyone else.

When we come in everyone is whispering to Liz about what exactly happened. Though I know they're missing a few secret things that I can't share at the moment. Once they notice our presence they awkwardly stop whispering.

"So mom are you tired at all? It has been a long flight. Or maybe the gym have to stretch those stiff muscles." Luke says trying to direct away from the awkwardness of the moment.

"Actually I want to talk to Charlie on a walk."

"Me? Um okay I'll go get changed." I stutter out. I've learned from the boys not to say no to her. Even though she's amazing, Liz can get tough.

I wait patiently by the door waiting for Liz when ashton walks by.

"Come here," he whispers softly to me. I obliged at first but then he opened his arms wide and I couldn't resist. "If Liz asks you anything please answer her truthfully. I know you don't want to but it'll help us out a lot."

I nod silently into his shirt trying not to let a tear fall.

"Charlie you ready?" Liz asks walking out of her room. I nod silently once again as she leads me down the hall to the elevator. "Luke was right. I did need to stretch my legs." She says opening up the stairwell door. "I hope you don't mind." I shake my head no and avoid a conversation right now.

The way down was quiet except for the taping of our shoes on the concrete steps. At the bottom Liz opens a door that leads us to the bright afternoon sun.

I saw a few cars driving around the lobby front. Liz and I crossed the street going to the shops. The silence was nice but it was feeling a bit weird.

"So why did you decide to come all the way across the world just to keep an eye on Tristan and I?" I asked breaking the unbearable silence.

"It wasn't really that hard of a decision," Liz says after a moment. "I wanted to make sure everything is okay with you and everyone. It's hard to know that everything isn't okay when you're across the world. I've cared about the boys forever and when you two came I knew this was something special."

"I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I'm sorry to everyone. I'm not used to people doing this much for us. It was always Tristan and I."

"I'm happy to help you two out." Liz leads me to this little shop selling chocolates and candies.

I observe the menu, looking at the interesting food to buy. "Go ahead pick something. Let's get one for everyone while we're at it too."

"Really?" I ask with much happiness in my voice. Liz nods and I start picking out cupcakes and cookies for everyone. We both got very excited when we saw all four ninja turtles as cookies. It was perfect for the boys.

Authors note

Hahaha sorry it's short and boring but j really wanted to update. Okays I'm walking to art as I'm doing this so byes