Chapter 9

Tristan's pov again

It's been a week and nothing's happened. Liz and I came for a few hours each day, leaving to do some errands and not returning till the next day.

I was on Twitter while watching TV one evening at the hospital. Looking at the trending hashtags, one of them was #prayforcharlie. Curiously I scrolled through some of the tweets.

All of them were about Charlie and being in their prayers. When did this get out? I don't know if this has started a week ago or last night. As long as she wakes up before they guys hear we are all good.

"Hey Liz we kinda have a problem." I scroll though some more tweets, noticing that some of the fans were tagging the band.

"What's up?" I showed her my phone and scrolled though. "This is bad. Send something out saying she's fine."

I nod then follow her directions. All's good here. Missing the boys though!

We stayed for another hour then left.

~

I convinced Liz to let me stay the entire day at the hospital while she visited people. She dropped me off around lunch saying she'd pick me up after dinner.

"Hi Tristan." The receptionist said when I signed in.

"Anything new?"

"No I'm sorry, but there are some people who visited her. I do believe they are still here." I gave her back the sign-in sheet then practically ran to her room.

I hope it's not them. Their tour was not even a week from being over.

I came in out of breath and anxious to see who they could be.

Fuck.

"Tristan what the hell is going on here? When where you going to tell us?" I was bombarded with questions from all of them.

"I think it would be easier to start out but asking how'd you find out?"

"The fans, prayer tweets. How couldn't we avoid them?" Calum said angrily.

"We canceled the last few dates and came here when we learned everything." Ashton looked even more calmed down than the others which is a good thing.

"Now spill your story," Michael spit out.

"Really Michael?" Ashton slaps him on the arm for being so rude.

I sighed then took at seat. Starting from the beginning, before they left for the tour. Told them everything that I knew, up until this morning.

"When were you going to tell us?" Ashton said slightly looking angry.

"If she woke up before you came home, maybe the week after. Or if she's still asleep when you come back, well, then."

"Tristan can you follow me out for a moment?" Ashton asked. I nodded and followed him out.

He grabbed a sharpie from his pocket and asked for the arm I cut on. "Whenever I'm meeting fans and they are suicidal, I do this." Ashton pulled my sleeve up and started drawing something on my arm. Right over my cuts. Which stung a bit but faded.

When he was finished I looked at my arm to see a butterfly. Gazing my eyes up to his I couldn't hide a smile. This is one of the best things somebody has ever done to me.

"Thank you," I whisper and pull him into a hug.

"I'm thinking about getting it tattooed on my arm someday." Ashton says as we walk back into the room. If felt awkward, us sharing a happy moment, then walking into a sad and drastic room.

~

Charlie's pov

I can hear everything, my body is stiff. It sucks. You can either listen to conversations, silence or sleep. It fucking sucks.

I want to tell Tristan that I'm sorry. His speech to me replays everyday whenever it can. It's burned into my memory. Though probably a good thing though because nothing much happened until the boys came.

"Charlie?" Many quiet voices woke me up in the early morning. I knew it wasn't the doctors because they were here about an hour ago.

"I can't do this." Wait, I recognize that voice. It's Michael.

I couldn't count the days very much but I do believe they are still supposed to be on your for a couple more days. What are they doing here? Oh god please they canceled the gigs didn't they?

"It's our fault, we should've taken them with us." Luke's sad voice rang though the room.

A hand touched my bandaged cuts, Ashton's I think. There are murmurs of the other three around the room but none next to me. I can feel the sympathetic waves coming though his touch. Even when my mind is separate from my body.

"Bad memories Ashton?" Michael asked.

"Way too many. I just don't want it to happen to them while I'm their guardian."

The murmurs went down to silence before rising up to a forte sound. "Tristan what the hell is going on here?" One of the boys said, I believe Calum. I listened in to their arguing and sides of their story. It's hard to want to add stuff to their conversation but can't.

Their voices ended up making me fall asleep.

~

I jolt awake with the sound of shouting. The only new voice is Liz's. As I know from experience is that they are a little bit in trouble.

In a couple of minutes the voices died down. I can feel that Ashton was rubbing my wrist again. Wait, did I actually feel his hand? I moved my finger into his palm as best as I can. Yes, I'm waking up! I squeezed even more, still with weak energy.

"Guys go get a doctor, she's waking up," Ashton shouts.

Authors note

I feel like this authors note is going to break the flow of chapter transition. Anyways almost to 1k!!!! thank you so much I'm thought I was lucky to get 100 reads on my other story!!

Yes Ashton really does draws a butterfly on fans scars. I really wanted to add that in there because it has so many beautiful meanings.

Also kind of running out of ideas even though it's chapter 9. If you have any please message me or comment it here.

I dedicate this chapter to you. You know who you are. There is no reason for suicide. But if it happens then I have a reason.