Chapter 43

I wake up with a sore body, taking in my surroundings. Stiff from the uncomfortable position of sleeping at the table.

"Morning sweetheart," Michael smiles at me as I blink away my blurry eyes. Everyone is awake getting ready around me. I look at Tristan and he quickly turns away.

"Sorry to wake you up so late but we have to leave in a half hour." Ashton states.

Quickly I get up and head to the bathroom to get ready. After locking the door I look in the mirror. Gosh I looked terrible. Hair was a mess, cheeks were stiff and noticeable. I splashed myself with water and started to get ready. I searched in my drawer for something in particular. Finally finding it I stare at the blades. I want to do it, I want to make my numb feeling feel like nothing. But I couldn't, I knew how silly this felt. How stupid the situation is and still deciding whether to or not. Sitting down on the floor began to think. What would life be after today? Would I miss him?

Walking out fifteen minutes later. I sidestepped out of Tristan's way and continued to the front of the bus. When I got there Tristan's mom was there with everyone else.

"Morning Charlotte," she called out to me. A little too cheerily if I may add. While ignoring the fact that she called me Charlotte.

"I thought we were going to meet you at the airport?" I ask.

"Change of plans I guess," Luke points out. Not sounding too thrilled with the change as well.

Tristan walks up behind me with his big suitcase. "Excuse me," he asks. I move off to the side and he struggles to move out of the bus.

"Morning sweetie," his mom calls out to him. I roll my eyes once again annoyed by her cheeriness. Tristan grunts in reply and continues on. Glad to know I'm not the only one angry by the early morning.

"I think we should get going now that Tristan is ready." His mom states while checking her watch. So we all follow suit and get into the van that takes us places.

The ride on the way to the airport sucked. I don't know how else to say it. But luckily security was able to take us inside another way.

As we made our way through security Tristan never left my side. Which calmed my nerves. Despite my heavy heart. And we stayed that way until people started to board the aircraft.

We all stood in a little line to say goodbye. Tristan goes one by one until he end with me. "Charlie," he starts then stops. I can tell he's searching for the right words to say. So I speak for him, "I regret some of the things I told you last night. I'm sorry."

He takes me in for a hug. "I know it's taking me a while to digest it too." Tristan pulls me to arms length and we stare at each other. Searching for comfort. "We will see each other again. Remember that." I nod not wanting to look away.

"Attention flight 10280 is in its last group of boarding. Again flight 10280 to Melbourne is in its last boarding group."

"Remember our promise," he says quickly.

"I don't want you to go," I say hoping to change his mind one last time.

"Maybe this is for the best. Or maybe it isn't. But we have to try first." I look at him, everything stops and slows down. Faintly over the intercom the flight attendant says something about last call. We ignore that as well. He's looking at my eyes or is it something else I'm not sure. Then he gently holds my face and closes the gap between us. We move in sync, not caring about the others around us. I don't care if might be cameras out and fans around. I don't care. My best friend, brother, and anchor is leaving me. 

All too soon he breaks away whispering, "I love you." Quickly backing up and walking to the gate. With one more sad glance in our direction. I stood there as he disappeared around the bend, and as the attendant closed the door.

"C'mon lets go home," Ashton sympathetically says snapping me out of my stare.

I knew he was talking about the bus but I couldn't move. My home is not the bus because my home is about to fly half way across the world to a new life. A new life where I'm not in it. And at that moment I realize that I'm in love with a boy who's always loved me back.

Authors note
So I guess this is it my friends. The ending to 5sos adopted me. Sorry for the ending but well, not really sorry.

Let me know if you want an epilogue or not. I do have an idea for one.

But thank you for reading my story and please keep this in your library. I might announce my MC fanfic here.

I'm sorry this ending was so short. Honestly it's surreal that is over. But thank you once again