Chapter 2

"We're here," Luke said.

I turn to look out the window and see a big, grand house. It's huge but not big enough to be a mansion. I can't believe I'm going rags to riches.

They lead us inside and gave us a tour of the house. Which included a pool, game room, theater room, the house requirements meaning a living room and a kitchen. Lastly they lead us upstairs.

Our rooms were at the end of the hall after the boys. I got the bigger one out of the two. When we were done they let us adjust and take showers while they get dinner.

The dinner consisted of pizza and hot dogs, plus a lot of shouting. I was used to it though and ate my dinner in silence.

After dinner we all went into the theater room and I left as quiet as I ate dinner. Luckily they didn't even notice. Apparently they won't be getting used to two new people living with them anytime soon.

When I got to my room there was a pile of clothes from them that they let me borrow. I noticed they have a lot of holes in them and I tried picking the least amount with holes.

I took off my jacket and examined my cuts and scars. There are actually a few scars but only a few. With my new family I don't know what to expect. Hopefully Tristan stays true to his word and will help me over come.

The hard part though was getting to sleep. I heard them shouting from the basement, or whatever they're doing. Everything quickly got quiet then and I heard them walk up the stairs. The door to the room opened and I pretended to be asleep. Good thing it wasn't Tristan because he knows how I like to sleep. Kay that sounded weird.

I laid in bed for a while until I figured everyone was asleep. My stomach started to growl and I tiredly trudged downstairs.

When I went over and opened the fridge I realized that they were one of those people who orders a lot. They do have food but it's mostly take out, very few fruits and veggies.

I think I hear footsteps but very quite and cautious ones. At first I ignore it but it sounded like it was coming to me. Quickly I snapped the fridge door closed and saw Michael.

"Oh just you," I said letting out a quick breath.

"Well who did you think I was?" Michael asked.

"Um a burglar?" I replied while opening the fridge up and grabbing a yogurt.

"That's um, I thought you were Luke," he suddenly spit out. "Since I thought it was Luke I was going to scare you." Michael took a deep breath and it became an awkward silence. "You know this is the most you've ever talked to any of us? Well me but you get it."

"I, ah I guess I'm warming up to you quicker." Going back to the drawer I found the knife in, I grabbed a spoon for my yogurt.

"Follow me," Michael said after I closed the drawer. At first I was didn't want to follow him, then I gave in.

I'm glad that I did though. He lead me downstairs to a mini recording studio. With many guitars and bunch of CDs. One guitar was out of its place and sat on the couch, waiting to be played.

"Oh my god this is awesome!" I shout.

I walked over to the couch and picked up the guitar laying there. "Hey no touchy," Michael shouts at me.

"So I'm guessing this is your guitar?"

"Yes, my precious," he says as he grabs it out of my hands. "Luke and I play the guitar, Calum does bass and ashton plays drums."

"So you guys are a real genuine band?"

"Um ya I guess so. Do you know how to play?" he asks while sitting down onto the coffee table.

"No but I would love to"

"Let's start right now," Michael doesn't wait to hear my answer and sits next to me on the couch.

For the next 10 minutes he helped me learn a few notes until I could play them by myself. I really enjoyed playing it and couldn't wait to learn more.

After Michael started to play a nice quite melody, which was made up of random strumming, and sometimes sounded weird. Looking at the clock I noticed that it was past one in the morning and I just got a little sleepy.

"So why don't you want to go back to school?" Michael asked while still strumming.

"My so called friends, they act all nice to me. When I do look good or did good, they put me under the spotlight and humiliate me. That's usually the main thing but there's more. Though too much to explain." I took a deep breath and payed down onto the couch getting comfy.

Michael went to sit back on the table and we met eyes. Mine were on the verge of tears, while his had a look of sympathy. I've never seen that look, well to me. Tristan has looked to me like that before but Michael's was genuine.

He started strumming, "how about I talk to the boys tomorrow morning about another school or homeschool?"

"That would be incredible," I whisper back with a uncontrollable smile creeping up.

"I do think homeschool would be much better for you guys because we never know where our career is going to go." I nodded slowly and closed my eyes, sleep came easily to me with Michael playing.

I heard Michael stop playing and I was too tired to open my eyes. A blanket was placed on top of me and footsteps echoed on the steps.

My first night in forever I was happy.