Chapter 26

"Cookies!" I shout when Liz and I return to the hotel. "Ninja turtles," I try shouting again.

All at once everyone comes in with videogame controllers in their hands. Lastly Tristan walk in with a smile on his face. Which put one on my face.

Liz hands the cookies to each one as I take a sip of my hot chocolate with cinnamon that I ordered even though it was quite warm out.

"Guys five minutes get ready and go to the bus downstairs." Adam shouts when he comes through the door unannounced.

"I'll eat you later," Michael says sadly to his cookie. They all run around the hotel penthouse as quickly as they can grabbing the important things. While as I stand there sipping my hot chocolate and laugh.

"Honey do you want to come?" Liz asks me. Which makes me break from my train of thought.

"Uh I'm not really feeling well tonight. I'd better stay here." I know not to lie to Liz but it's a half truth.

"Alright just take a rest tonight and get to bed early." Says Liz wrapping her arms around me.

"Ready Charles?" Tristan asks from behind Liz and I.

I turn and suddenly feel sad about ditching him. He has this happy face knowing that tonight's concert will be better than a few days ago. "I'm sorry Tristan but Charlie isn't feeling well. She won't be coming tonight." I looked down when she finished not wanting to see his sad face.

"Well, feel better Charles," I feel a shadow come over me as a pair of arms wrap around me. I mutter a thanks as he leaves with everyone else.

I look around the hotel room and think. Being careful I set down my cup of hot chocolate, then scream and jump around. This is the first time in a long time that I've been alone.

The only neighbors that we have are below us so I start blasting music. I know the boys would do it anyways but I'm alone so what?

The balcony. We weren't allowed on there. It was just me. I walked up to the door and opened it, when I closed it the music got muffled.

I walked to the edge and then placed my feet on the metal bar one inch higher. It looks pretty high enough, dangerously high enough.

I swing one leg over and then the other. The only thing keeping me on is my butt and hands gripping as hard as they can. I can hear the screams from the kids below in the pool. If I jump that's where I'll end up.

My thoughts lead me somewhere other than on the verge of death. I think about what has happened since Tristan and I got adopted. What happened before. I think about a blank future. Probably following people around like I do everyday.

Suddenly the eerie quietness breaks my thoughts. The kids at the pool where quiet. The wind has died down, the music that once was blaring was quieter even.

I wasn't able to make a scream when arms wrapped around me a dragged me into the hotel room. I lost a shoe which is probably in the pool now. From my perspective I didn't know who grabbed me. I can smell cigar smoke, liquor and a dirty musty smell that I faintly recognize.

I struggle to kick my captor. "Shhh stop if you know what's good for you," the man whispers into my ear. I collapse to the ground as he opens his arms. I turn to look and see what isn't thought possible. I never believed Tristan and didn't put much thought into it after.

"Where's your leader, you bitch," I spat at him.

"Shut up," with the heel of his boot he kicks me in my stomach. Instantly I tuck my knees in due to the pain. Again he kicks me but harder. "Can't take the pain can you?"

"Alright no ones here," the other man walk in. He walks over and stands over my head, blocking the light. "Now what can we do with you?"

"We give a lot of credit to your lame adopted family. Without them being a famous boyband we would've never found you." One of them jumps on my leg and I hear a big crack. Loud enough to disturb the eerie silence.

I'm forced to eat these pill looking thing while being kicked in the back. I can feel my head and leg throbbing. Not even bothering to hide my tears. I give in after a while a take the weird substance.

"You really think they can save you now? Not even your precious Prince Charming you call Tristan can save you." My vision starts to blur as they kick me a couple more times and force me to drink this liquid substance.

The silence comes back as I lie there with a sickening feeling all over my body. I've felt this before, I think to myself. It'll all go away when I wake up. If I can.