Prom (DDM #1)

(Age 17)

You were a senior in high school, and your dad was in a well known band, but surprisingly, your high school years were relatively easy, despite the boy you saw way too often, that you had developed a very big crush on. His name was Jacob Hemmings, sadly he was constantly around. It wasn't like he was mean to you or anything, he was actually really nice, he always made you smile and blush.

You sighed softly as your assistant principal finally made the announcement that everyone knew was coming up, prom. Most girls in your first period, Math, with Jacob, squealed, and gushed over it. Your best friend did, you did not. Honestly, you'd never been to a school dance, not even the underclassmen ones, or the crappy middle school dances. It never really interested you, mainly because you didn't have a date, ever. So while your two best friends went dress shopping, you stayed at home with your dad watching movies.

After school you walked onto the schools soccer field, it looked different. There were a ton of orange drill cones set out making you groan, that was never good, but as soon as you ran to go change, Jacob ran over to you, you blushed brightly. "Oh hey Jake." You say looking at him, hoping your blush wasn't too noticeable.

"Hey, Y/N! Uh would you come up here with me for just a second? I wanna show you something in the commentators box!" He says, which confused you but you weren't about to deny some time with him.

"Oh sure, just let me set my bag in here." You say, and open the girls locker room slinging your bag in there, not caring where it landed.

"Now I know this may seem weird but I kinda had to ask, uh please don't let this fuck anything up." He says as you all run up the bleacher steps and into the commentators box, you could see the orange cones much better now.

You gasped, the cones spelled out "PROM?" You looked at him. "A-are you seriously asking me?" You ask, your hands covering your mouth.

"Yes I'm asking you. I've liked you for so long, and I dunno I talked to dad at lunch and I guess I got some confidence, so would you be my date to prom?" He asks smiling softly.

You nod. "Of course I will!" You say and smile softly.

He smiles softly. "Then maybe do you think I could finally do this?" He whispers and kisses you softly, you gasp and kiss back smiling softly.

"Hood! Hemmings! Get down from there!" Your coach yells and you blush and pull away.

"Wait for my practice to end?" You ask smiling softly. He nods and kisses your head, taking a seat in the stands and watching your practice.

After you changed into a spare set of clothes from your soccer bag, you walked with Jacob, holding his hand and smiling happily. "So does this mean I can call you my girlfriend now?" He asks, grinning as he looks down at you. 

You look up at him smiling. "Yeah I think so." You giggle as he opens his car door for you. You slip in and smile. Once you both arrive at your house, Calum and Luke were both sitting waiting for you both.

"Daddy! I'm going to my first dance!" You cheer giggling softly and blushing. You were pretty open with your dad, so he knew you liked Jacob, but he also knew better than to tease you about it, or tell any of the boys, or their sons.

"So when is the wedding?" Luke teases, smirking.

"Oh hush!" You laugh slapping his shoulder playfully, giggling.

"You might want to tell your friends, so you don't miss dress shopping." Calum smiles and you nod giggling, sitting down, leaning into Jacob as you text your two best friends, Shelby and Mikyla.

It had finally been your first free day in a while, so you took this time time to finally go dress shopping with Shelby and Mikyla. You tried on so many dresses, feeling hopeless, none of them were good, they made you look weird or your ass was weird, or your body looked odd. Finally Shelby handed you a dark blue dress with some lace on the back and in occasional spots on the dress. It was tight all the way down and then in the very bottom it flowed out. "Guys this dress is perfect." You whisper walking out in the matching navy shoes.

"It is!" Mikyla gushes smiling softly. You go and pay with the other two girls, who had found their dresses a lot quicker than you. They had more experience. You texted Jacob and told him to head to your house so he could see the dress that way when he bought his tux the colors would match.

When you got home, Jacob was their waiting, you smile and kiss him gently as you see him. "My dress is so pretty, I'm in love with it." You say showing him just the color so he could match it.

He leaves with Luke to go find his outfit. His outfit consisted of a black button up with khakis and a blue tie to match the color of your dress, he also picked up the corsages.

You were pretty excited for your first prom, and not to mention school dance. The night had finally arrived, you had just got back from getting your hair and nails done. After that, you pulled on your dress, zipping it up as much as you could. "Daddy would you help me?" You ask softly.

He smiles and nods zipping it up the rest of the way. "You look so grown up." He whispers smiling softly kissing your head gently.

You blush brightly. "Thank you." You whisper as he opens the door for Jacob. You come downstairs and smile softly at him.

He gasps and takes the corsage out of its case. "Oh my gosh baby you are so beautiful. You look amazing." He whispers smiling softly and slipping the carnation on your wrist.

You blush and take his hand for some pictures from your dad and Luke. "Thank you." You whisper in between pictures.

As you all drive to the school you smile softly meeting up with Shelby and Mikyla along with their dates. After you all eat, you go into the gym and smile softly at Jacob. You blush softly as the first slow song comes on. "Jacob I don't know how to dance." You whisper softly blushing.

He smiles softly chuckling, taking your heels off and setting you ontop of his feet and dancing. You smile and laugh softly kissing him gently as the song finishes.

You put your heels back on and then went to take pictures, after the pictures, they were naming prom king and queen.

"Ladies first! Our 2015 Prom Queen is Y/N Hood!" Your assistant principal announces and you gasp, definitely shocked and walk up on the stage blushing, letting her put the tiara on you. "And our King is Jacob Hemmings!" You smile widely and then blush. "Now its time for their dance!"

Another slow song plays and you slip off your heels quickly laughing and letting him dance the both of you. You kiss him once again as the song ends, ignoring the whistles of the football team.

As you pull away and exit the stage in the gym, you let him lead you off, meeting up with your friends, you all go hang out in a restaurant ordering something else to eat before all of you head home, ending the night with Jacob. He kisses you one more time before letting you inside and driving home.

Authors Note

Hey Guys!

This is my first ddm in this book! Let me know how you like it!!

So its been a while so I shall ask again,

What are your SLFL tour dates if you're going?

all the love

xx

-taylor