Sleepless Nights (BSM #40)

(Age 16) 

Your mom had always assumed that your sleepless nights were because you stayed up on your phone at night, so she took it away, but in three weeks, when she realized that wasn't the issue, she tried to push it on to just being a teenager. Finally it got to the point where you were getting physically sick, so she took you to the doctor. Eventually, your doctor had diagnosed you with insomnia. She truthfully had told your mother that yes, being a teenager could have something to do with it, but also the fact that you were depressed could have something to do with it. Finally, your mom turned to you and said, "What can I do to help you?"

You sigh heavily and look down. "I mean, I'm sorry but I wanna see Ash, maybe if I get away from here, it would help. Get into a different place, sometimes it helps." You say softly, sighing. 

She nods softly. "I have no problem with that, sweetie. I just want you to sleep and be healthy." She sighs and hugs you tightly. 

You hug back. "I know mum. I know, I'm so sorry." You whisper shaking in her arms, finally starting to cry in her arms. 

"Shh shh, I'm gonna talk to Ashton, okay lovely? And make sure you get in bed and use some of the tips the doctor gave you tonight, we have to keep you on a good sleeping schedule." She sighs and you nod, sitting at the kitchen table starting to read. 

Your mum calls Ashton, sighing. "Hey Ash honey. How are you?" She smiles softly. 

"I'm good mum, how is everyone?" 

"Well.. That is what I'm calling about." She sighs. 

"What's wrong?" He asks worriedly. 

"Y/N just got diagnosed with insomnia. And they said that her depression could be the cause, and she said she wanted to see you, because getting away from here would help, and I'm calling to see if that could work." She sighs and puts her hand on her forehead. 

"Well, I know John won't care and so I would say yes, but if that changes I'll let you know, okay? Tell her I love her." He sighs, his heart breaking. It was bad enough that his baby sister has depression, but now to know that she's laying up at night with all those thoughts running around her head just making it that much worse killed him. 

A few weeks later after everything was set up and ready to go, you board a flight to Amsterdam. You smile and walk out into the open floor of the airport and look around for Ashton, rolling your suitcase behind you. 

"Y/N!" You hear and look in the direction it came from and then walk toward Ashton, smiling. 

"I've missed you so much!" You whisper and hug him tightly, your arms wrapped around him as tight as possible. 

"I've missed you too, bug." He smiles using his nickname for you. 

You giggle softly. Already being in a new place on the other side of the world did seem to be helping as far as you could tell. No, it wasn't a complete turn around by any means, but a change of scenery is always helpful. 

"Are you ready to get back to the hotel?" Ashton asks, picking up your carry on and leads your suitcase behind him. 

"Yes! The plane ride was long and people were kinda crammed in, so to be in open space is a big relief." You chuckle and smile softly. 

He nods. "I don't care for flying, but the only flight is the flight to North America and then back home from here on out!" He smiles and you nod. 

"That's comforting." You admit watching Ashton put your things in the trunk. 

Since the band is on tour, they had drivers, who is currently waiting patiently for you and Ashton, for two main reasons. One, management requests it. Two, it's good for security purposes. 

You get in the back by Ashton