Gangs (BSM #30)

Age 17 

Luke likes to pretend you don't know exactly how the family business works, but you did. Though thankfully,they tried to keep you away from the gangs and turf wars. Luke knew you were going places. You had applied to a lot of colleges, one being Harvard. 

You sigh softly coming home and setting down your backpack. You start on your homework, Luke coming downstairs and kissing your head. Naturally he was very protective. 

"Hey sweetheart, hows your homework going?" He asks, glancing at you, looking on the refrigerator to see what pizza place you'd be ordering in from. 

"Its going." You say chuckling, pre-calculus was not something you enjoyed, honestly. 

Gang members walked in and out of the apartment, which was something you were used to. 

"Hey there." One boy smirks, Luke looks up. 

"Back up, and take your ass right back out that door, don't look at her, don't talk to her, don't think about her." He growls pointing to the door. You giggle softly. 

"Chill, bro, I just wanna talk to her." He says. 

"No. You don't get to talk to her." Luke says, simply starting to get angry. 

"You don't fucking own her!" 

"She is MY little sister!" He snaps and shoves him, Luke had a temper. 

You sigh and stand up. "Guys-" You start but it was too late, the other guy, you think his name is Calum, had already swung and hit Luke's face. 

You scream as they start to fight, seeing blood and praying it wasn't Luke. 

Your dad comes downstairs and pulls them apart. "Don't fight in front of your sister!" He growls and kicks Calum out before you take Luke to the bathroom to clean him up, your hands shaking the whole time. 

"Listen... I'm sorry." He groans and you nod softly sighing. 

"I know, I'm just a little shook up I was so worried about you." You whisper holding ice to Luke's nose. 

"Listen honey,  don't worry about me, worry about getting out of this hell hole, I'll always be your older brother, but I want you out of this." He whispers shaking his head. 

You nod softly. "I'm trying Luke, I'm trying." You whisper. 

"That's all you need."