Applications (BSM #33)

(Age 18)

'Dear Ms.Clifford,

We are sorry to inform you that our university-'

That is how far you read before you set the envelope down, your eyes filling with tears. You never expected to get into that college, but at the same time, you'd worked so hard, so hard in high school just to have a chance to get into that school. You sigh and press the palms of your hands to your eyes rocking back and forth slightly. Despite your efforts not to, a loud sob bubbles in your throat, you try to swallow it back, it doesn't work. You cry out, shaking madly.

Michael had heard you come home, he just didn't know that you would sit down and start sobbing. Not his little sister, she never cried, ever. He rushes downstairs and gasps, he sees the university sticker and frowns. "Oh no." He whispers and helps you to the couch.

"Hey hey, there are a ton of schools that would be lucky to have you, just because this one school denied you doesn't mean that you can't apply to other schools that are just as good, if not better." He coos, and lets you cry in his chest.

"B-but, that was my dream! My dream to get into that school!" You sob, only breaking Michael's heart further.

"I know. I know. But I think the bigger dream is your career, and you're so passionate, that I know that no matter where you go, you'll be successful once you get the job." He whispers, rubbing your back and sighing gently.

"Y-you really think that M-Mikey?" You sniffle looking up at him. He hadn't seen you this upset in ages, he almost didn't know what to do.

He smiles gently, holding you to him. "I know you can, you're so determined and hard working, nothing is going to stop you from doing what you want. Trust me."

You nod softly and grab a tissue wiping your eyes and getting the makeup out from under your eyes. "I guess I should go fill out a few more applications in case I get declined by other schools." You say softly, a little smile on your face, feeling a bit better.

Author's Note

Hello friends!

I know I disappeared for like the entire month of march, but I just got busy. Especially with my sisters babyshower and everything, aha. She is 8 months pregnant so she needs help a lot. Anyways, I do start spring break next week, so hopefully I will be spending it writing!! Also, if you read my last author's note, you know that I am making a imagines book just for romance preferences. I would appreciate if you guys went and checked that out!

Secondly, I mostly pull my requests from tumblr, so I really want to interact with you guys more! Please don't ever feel shy or scared to send me a message or anything! And I always accept requests in the comments.

Anyways, in light of this preference,

What is your dream college or university?

Mine is Vanderbilt.

All the love,

xx

Taylor