Better Than I Was (BSM #50)

Y/N is 16.
Michael is 20.

"Whatever, mom." You say, rolling your eyes and walking upstairs, slamming the bedroom door to add to the effect.
As long as Karen thought you were staying in the house she would be fine. Sneaking out was a breeze, so you were always confused as to why she always threw a fit. Especially since even if your mother said no, you would be walking downstairs and out the back door, down the porch steps, and two houses down to where your best friend would be parked, waiting for you.

Or so you thought.

This didn't exactly work when your older brother, Michael drove over to spend the night since he had just gotten home from his 9 month tour. He missed his sister, and he missed his mum, he missed home cooking.
"Hey mum!" He calls, setting his overnight bag down, locking his phone and sliding it into his back pocket, walking over to hug her tightly.

"Shit." You mumble to yourself and text your best friend. 'So Michael just showed up, and I dunno what's happening. I dunno if I can go out but I'm gonna try.' She texts and tosses her phone onto her bed. She starts to walk downstairs.
"Hey there, little sister." Michael grins and walks over, pulling you into a hug.

You hug back and smile softly, of course you missed Michael. You were glad he was home and everything, you just knew that he stayed up late, and the time zones probably messed him up. It was no telling what time he would finally go to sleep.

"So how's school and everything?" He asks, sitting down, and pointing to the seat next to his. You take it and sit down.
"Well I mean it's okay." You say nodding, shrugging. Your grades had definitely slipped from all the partying, and going to school hungover on the day of your midterms didn't help them any.

"Just okay? People aren't being mean to you are they?" He asks softly, frowning. Michael had matured when it came to things like this. He looks at you.

"No people haven't been mean." You say. "My grades just aren't that good, I guess." You say, nonchalantly, trying to make it out to be no big deal.

"Y/N that's not good." Michael sighs. "Don't you want to go to college?" He asks, looking at you; he realized that he didn't actually know what she wanted. You never had really talked about it, he just kind of assumed that was what her plan was.

"I mean I do. School is just so damn hard." You sigh, rubbing your temples.

"Y/N if you're skipping classes and things like that, you need to get your shit together. Especially before your junior year." He says simply, looking at you.

"Don't you think I know that, Michael?" You ask, you were getting very frustrated with him. "Trust me! I know! All I hear about is college this, college that!" You groan, walking upstairs and slamming your door again for the second time today.

Michael sighs. He didn't want to upset you, he just wanted to make sure you were ready and prepared. Michael got lucky in the music industry, he didn't want you to have a rough life. He didn't want you to end up like he probably would've if he hadn't of gotten lucky with the band.

Later that night, Michael was in his room, strumming his guitar. This was when you assumed was the perfect time to sneak out. Too bad Michael saw you, while you were dressed in heels and a short black dress. Michael was bewildered, where in the hell did his little sister get a dress like that? How long had he been gone?

"Where are you going?" He asks, setting his guitar on the stand, pushing himself off the bed. He looks at her again. "Surely this isn't what you wear to bed." He chuckles.

"Fuck." You mumble, looking down. "I'm just going to a party with Stacey." You say quickly, he didn't know that your mother, who was know asleep, said no.

"Does mom know?" He asks, looking down at her, shaking his head.

"Uh huh." You say, unable to look at him. Your eyes cast down at the wooden floor.

That was a dead giveaway. If you were lying you wouldn't be able to look someone in the eyes. And if you did, you'd laugh while you attempted to lie.

"Sorry, Y/N. I don't think I believe that, why're you even doing this? What party are you going to dressed like that?" He asks, his arms crossed.

You turn a bit too quick to face him again, causing the fake I.D in her purse to fall out. Michael snatches it up. "SERIOUSLY Y/N?" He yells, gasping. "A FAKE I.D?"

You groan. "Yes Michael!" You snap and sigh heavily.

"Are you going into clubs? Drinking? That's why you're dressed like you're going to a club! Because you are!" He snaps, shaking his head.

"You have a fake I.D! You drink! You party!" You yell back, throwing your arms in the air. Michael is so unfair. He's also a hypocrite, and it bothered you. If he could do it why couldn't you?

"I do! But I'm old enough to do it! I'm not still in high school, Y/N!" He says, shaking his head. "You're a minor!" He adds shaking his head. "I can't believe you!"

"What? You can't believe that I'm just like you?" You ask, scoffing. "Except maybe I'm just less judgmental!"
Michael shakes his head. "Y/N! Why are you being so naive? Did you ever stop and think? Think that maybe, just maybe, I'm trying to protect you? That maybe I want you to be better than me, hm?" He asks her, his voice was very in your face. You just kind of thought to yourself, 'Oh, that makes sense.'

"Uh, no, no I didn't think that." You sigh gently, looking down at your toes, they were pushed against the open toed heels.

He sighs. "I know you didn't, because like I said, you're young and naive. Which I still am too in some aspects." He chuckles, looking at you.

You blush and sigh softly. "Look, I'm sorry. I just thought you were being a hypocrite." She whispers, nodding softly.

He nods. "Listen, you still have time left in the school year, and you have your final exams, so I want you to try and bring your grades up, alright? You're so so smart. I just want you to apply yourself. And I want you to try, if you do all of that, I know you'll do great." He coos gently, pulling you to him. He kisses the top of your head. "You can do this, you don't need to party and drink to be cool, alright?"

You nod again. "Alright, Mikey." You whisper.

"And I'm cutting this up." He says simply, walking downstairs, grabbing the scissors from the kitchen drawer, he cuts it into four pieces over the kitchen trash can.

You whine. "There goes fifty bucks." You mumble, sighing heavily.

"Don't waste your money on stupid things then." He says, smirking and looking over at you.

Hey guys! Of course requests are still open, and I would love some.

I love you guys so much. thank you for always being so kind.

okay guys, so I thought I would let you know that since I have officially hit 50 imagines, and since I have, I am going to be starting my third imagine book!! please comment if you read this so I know / have an idea of who is going to read the new book!!

All the love,

Taylor