Girl Advice (BSM #48)

(Luke is 14)

(Y/N is 16)

Your little brother had came home sobbing, which in all honesty was a little worrying. Luke didn't cry that much, and especially for no reason. You walk down the stairs to the livingroom, and sit down. You wrap your arms around him, sighing softly.

"Bub, hey hey." You whisper and turn his head to face you. "You need to calm down sweetie, tell me what's wrong, yeah?" You coo.

He looks up at her and nods softly, rubbing his eyes harshly. "Gentle bub, gentle." You whisper, taking his wrists in your hands and moving them away from his eyes. You grab a tissue from the in table and wipe under his eyes gently. "You're okay, yeah, you're okay." You say softly.

"It's this girl.." Luke starts, swallowing thickly and wiping his eyes again, this time with the tissue. You smile softly and nod.

"Alright bub, go on." You say smiling down at him.

He nods, his hands were still shaky. "And I r-really really like her, but Ben and Jack saw pictures of her and were being mean and saying that I didn't have a chance with her." He says sniffling again, biting back tears. "And so I've just been kinda upset about it."He whispers.

You nod. "Well, I'll talk to them, but Ben and Jack are dumb and honestly don't know anything about girls, it's a wonder they got one themselves. And I'm sure if you're yourself and are kind to her, I'm sure you have a shot, okay bub?" You ask, pulling him close and kissing the top of his head.

He nods again. "Thanks, Y/N." He smiles and kisses your cheek shyly.

"No problem, kid, now go do your homework." You smile and point up the stairs. "I'll be checking it later!" You yell and then walk outside where Ben and Jack were sitting. "

"Hey, Y/N." Ben says and pulls a seat out for you.

You smile, then sigh, sitting down. "You guys do realize that Lu is sensitive right? That at fourteen, he doesn't need you guys telling him that girls are out of his league, he needs confidence and reassurance!" You say, a bit angry at your older brothers, they definitely didn't treat you like that when you were Luke's age.

"Y/N, he was so out of her league, honestly, wouldn't you rather us save him the embarrassment?" Jack asks.

"No I wouldn't! That's a part of growing up! You learn things that way! And you don't know the girl! What if she likes Luke? What if they do end up dating? Huh? Or what if they don't because Luke is too scared to talk to her now? Stop ruining things for him! Be helpful." You say and shake your head, sighing heavily.

Both of them frown. "Okay okay, we get it, we just thought maybe this would be easier."

"Well don't fall prey to a social stigma, just go and apologize alright?" You snap.

They both nod, looking down, rubbing their necks and sighing.