Never Grow Up (BSM #39)

(Age 23, Michael is 26)

You didn't know how it exactly happened but, when you turned 18, your first year of college you met a boy, and then he met your family. And then all the sudden you were living together and you couldn't believe it had been three years, when he proposed. Suddenly, it was your wedding day after all that planning, it was here.

You never had a good relationship with your dad, he was always in and out of your life and so you didn't know what to do for a father/daughter dance, and you knew you needed one and you definitely needed someone to walk you down the aisle.

A few months ago, it had seemed like you had a total eureka moment, and called Mikey.

"Hey are you going to be home in time for my wedding?" You asked tentatively. If he said no, your whole wedding plans would be pretty ruined.

"Yes! Of course! I wouldn't miss them for the world." He said and smiled.

You nodded, this was good. "Okay well, I guess uh, I need to ask you a favor and its kind of important." You said into the phone, rambling.

"Oh hush and come out with it." He said.

"Right, Uh would you walk me down the aisle?"

You actually heard Michael gasp on the other end of the phone. "Really? You really want me to?" He asked. "I mean I know with dad and everything but this is like a total honor." He whispered. "And-"

"Oh shush, now you're the one rambling." You laughed. "Yes of course! I mean it! Please I need you to walk me down the aisle and dance with me if that isn't too much trouble." You said smiling gently.

"Okay that sounds great, I'll see you sometime, when is the date again?" He smiled, all he could remember was March something so he cleared that entire month.

"March 12th." You said, you exchanged goodbyes and hung up.

***

That was in December and trust me, after that conversation, everything came together way too fast. You sigh and smile softly as you walk downstairs, kissing your fiance, soon to be husband quickly. Your entire bridal party had stayed the night. It was hectic. So very hectic. You sigh and walk upstairs to shower, but making sure to keep your hair dry because it needs to be a 'little bit dirty so it's easier to style blah blah blah.'

You sigh and shower quickly, you'd spent a lot of last night setting up chairs in the backyard trying to get everything ready for the reception. Your aunt was bringing the cake later, and you'd made space in the refrigerator for it.

Your fiance, Brandon, and his groomsmen had left until 4:30, so you could have your hair and makeup done, help getting into your dress and to give your bridesmaids there notes, you and Michael both wrote small letters/notes to your groomsmen or bridesmaids thanking them and telling them how happy they were that they could be apart of their special day.

Before you knew it, 4:30 arrived pretty fast and you were sliding on your heels looking frantically for Michael. You sigh and frown trying not to panic. "Love, calm down, it's Michael, he's always late." Your best friend and maid of honor says.

You nod shakily. "God I hope you're right." You say as Michael rushes in.

"I'm so sorry." Michael rushes. "There was traffic and I swear, I wouldn't miss this for the world!" He frowns and rushes pulling on his tux.

"Mikey, it's fine, I promise. Just lets go." You nod and link arms with him.

"Okay, lets go." He sighs and walks down the steps and around the house.

You watch everyone walk and look at Michael. "Ready?" You whisper.

"Ready." He nods blinking back tears.

***

You smile softly looking up at your brother. "Come on. It's time for our dance." You smile widely, leading him over to the area set for dancing.

"What song did you even pick?" He chuckles, letting you drag him.

"You'll see." You smile and nod at the DJ.

Michael laughs gently as the music starts to play. "You Got A Friend in Me?" He asks smiling gently and twirling you.

"Yeah it seemed to fit." You giggle smiling.

"Well you know, it's been a long time since we've had one of these talks but, I can't believe my little sister is all grown up. I mean you're getting married and I'm so happy you've found happiness. I know that Brandon is just perfect for you." He whispers letting a few tears fall. "But listen to me, okay? I'm always your older brother, just because you have a husband and someone else to kill the spiders for you and to talk to when there's a thunder storm doesn't mean that I'm not here for you okay? Never forget that little sister, I love you so much." He whispers as the music finally ends.

You let the tears roll down your cheeks. "I love you too, Mikey, so much! Thank you for everything you've done!" You whisper hugging him tightly, as tight as you could, beyond thankful for your older brother.

Authors Note

Hello! I hope everyone is doing okay! My last imagine got 19 votes and that's actually a really high number for me so thank you so much! I can definitely see that I have improved as a writer.

I hope everyone is doing okay!

Comment a one direction request!

All the love,

Taylor