The First Lie

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a baby picture of me that my parents kept hidden. My parents lied to me, I have a twin brother. I sat on my bed staring at the picture. How could they do this to us? I sat there for what felt like hours staring at the picture. I jumped as my mom opened my door. I tried to hide the picture but it was too late she saw it.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I demanded as she sighed.

"To protect him," my mom said as I frowned.

"I don't believe you!" I yelled as she frowned.

"I don't care if you don't believe me but you won't speak of this to anyone!" She snapped ripping the photo from my hand. I got up following her down stares when I saw Drake the Alpha. I quickly ducked as my mom handed me the picture. She smiled at him as he looked at her. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard that you know when one or both of the Lycans are," he said as her smile vanished.

"I'm sorry but that's not true," she said as they tensed. I felt his anger and impatience.

"If you don't tell me I will take you before the pack and kill you, your husband and little Sapphire," he growled as she flinched.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" She yelled as he grabbed her throat. I gasped wanting desperately to help her but I knew that I couldn't. I snuck back into my room. I shut the door carefully. I grabbed my phone texting my dad to warn him to stay away. I touched my necklace wishing I could use it to help but she wouldn't let me. I know that I need to find my brother to help him and if I helped her I might never find him. I heard her screams and I knew then she was being killed.

"Chad you must find them. You are the only one strong enough to kill them!" Drake snapped hanging up his phone. I felt hot tears rushing down my face as I slid under my bed. I held my breath as Drake ran through the house. He walked into my room opening the closet. "I know you are here Sapphire come out and I won't hurt you." I paused before deciding my only chance was to come out. He has no idea I'm the powerful Lycan thanks to my mother. She taught me to turn on a full moon and to be careful turning when it wasn't a full moon. She also showed me how to hold back my strength.

"Drake please don't hurt me," I stuttered as he smirked. He walked forward touching my golden hair as he circled me.

"I want you to join my guard," he said causing me to frown.

"I'm only seventeen," I whispered as he laughed.

"So you are one of the best fighters in the pack. Only you could beat my beta," he said as I contemplated what to do.

"Fine but only if you spare my father," I said firmly pressing my lips into a tight line.

"Deal now lets go," he said grabbing my arm pulling me downstairs. He dragged me toward his jeep pushing me into the passenger seat. He spread to his house which was more like a fortress. He drove inside parking next to his beta who happens to be his wife.

"Where do I change into proper guard attire?" I asked as he motioned a guard over. I gulped knowing staying here was a huge risk for my safety. If even one person saw my birthmark
they would know. The birthmark was shaped like a wolf head and it was on my left shoulder blade.

"Nate will show you," Drake said walking away from me. I got out of the jeep following Nate. He had piercing blue eyes and dark hair. He handed me a black tank top with black tight pants to put on with black combat boots. I grabbed a black thin jacket pulling it on. I couldn't help but laugh at their color choice.

"Nate what do I do all day?" I asked walking out of the bathroom.

"Shadow his wife," Nate said causing me to walk into the main house to find Danielle. I wondered around until I found Drake and Danielle in the library. I felt my anxiety spike as I realized they were researching the Gemini Lycans. I stood against the wall near another guard as they read book after book.

"Are you sure no one in the pack had twins?" Danielle asked causing Drake to face me.

"Sapphire do you know who had twins?" He asked and I could see he was going to analyze my answer.

"No sir, if I had I would tell you," I said firmly hoping he couldn't tell I was lying.

"See no one knows of any twins in the pack," he said as Danielle returned to her book.

"Hey I found something," she said turning the book around. "It's a knife that can only injury a Gemini Lycan."

"I've seen this before," he said his eyes snapping to mine. "At Sapphire's house!"

"Sir I can go get it if you like," I said softly hoping he wouldn't test it on me.

"Take Nate with you," he said as I walked down the stairs and through the courtyard. I found Nate calling to him.

"We are going to my place to get a special knife for Drake," I said as he tossed me a set of keys. "We taking the motorcycles?"

"Yes now let's go," he said leading me to the bikes. I hoped on staring it up. I put a helmet on racing out of the compound. My hair whipped behind me as we sped toward my house. I stopped hoping off the bike rushing into the house pausing at the sight of my mother staring blankly at me. I took a breath before walking into my mother's room grabbing the knife careful not to touch the blade. I walked over to Nate handing it to him.

"Here it is," I said getting back on the bike. As I drove I thought of running but continued to the compound. I had no escape from my current situation and I had no clue how I was going to save myself from this...