True Nature

"Sapph you are good," Eric snapped as I blasted him across the room.

"No Van was good and you took him. I'm not going to fight to control my dark nature anymore," I spat as he winced.

"Princess," a man called to me. I turned seeing the man from the forest. He was the one who showed me I was good.

"He killed him," I whispered tears running down my face.

"Don't let him kill you," he said as my heart stopped cold. He was right I was letting Eric win. I faced him dropping the power.

"Where are my children?!" I demanded as he looked at me.

"On earth," Eric laughed as I conjured the ancient handcuffs putting them on his wrists.

"Put him in the dungeon," I said softly, wiping the tears from my eyes. I walked over to little Josh picking him up. He rested his head on my shoulder clinging to me.

"He saved me," Josh said pointing at Van's body. I fought the tears threatening to spill down my cheeks again.

"I'm glad, I would miss you," I said rocking him in my arms.

"He fought him for so long but without you we couldn't beat him," the man said returning from locking Eric up.

"What's your name?" I asked as he bowed his head.

"I'm Greg," he said softly reaching up healing my cheek. I had forgotten that Elle had cut me.

"Thank you for trying to help," I said before looking at Josh. I needed to find the twins but I couldn't just leave Josh. "Are there more people who survived?"

"I'm afraid not. I was lucky because I wasn't here when it started," Greg said as I looked at him. I looked down as the guilt rushed through me.  I shouldn't have protected Eric. I looked at Van still lying limply on his throne.

"I should go to earth and find the twins," I said softly turning away from Greg quickly. He ran grabbing my arm.

"I'll come with you," he said as I nodded. It couldn't hurt to have someone in case Eric left the twins with someone dangerous.

"Josh let's go get the twins," I said as we walked to the portal. I took one last look at the palace before stepping through the portal.

"We aren't returning to the palace are we," Greg said as I faced him.

"What do we have waiting for us there?" I asked as I used my magic to try and locate the twins. I frowned in frustration as I couldn't find them. I knew that they would have to be with powerful witches to be hidden so well.

"What's wrong?" He asked his blue gaze flashing with concern.

"They are cloaked," I said as I put Josh down. I held his hand walking along the street toward the witch coven who helped me find Elle. I grabbed Greg's hand teleporting to the coven. I picked up Josh quickly approaching the alter.

"Brie you are back," the woman said as I faced her.

"Yes I am. I unfortunately need your help again," I said softly as Josh hid his face in my shoulder. "My girls were taken and cloaked. I can't find them by myself."

"Who took them?" She asked as Greg grabbed Josh.

"My ex boyfriend did," I said softly. "He killed my husband."

"When?" She asked as tears built in my eyes.

"Just now. I went home and found him and most of the people in our kingdom dead," I said tears streaking my cheeks. The woman looked sadly at me as I touched my ring subconsciously. Van was there for me no matter what. He loved me for who I was the good and the bad. It took my multiple lifetimes to find him and it will take more to get over the loss.

"We can try and help but our power has been limited," she said taking my hand. We reached the alter touching the stone. "Picture them." I shut my eyes thinking of Brooke's blue gaze and Katherine's brown eyes. I gasped as I felt a dark energy wrap around them. I knew then that Eric had done the unthinkable and gave them to the one person who would kill them, Elle. How had he met her and more importantly how had she survived our battle? I felt the darkness shift, Elle knew I was watching. I pulled away my eyes flying open as the woman looked at me in fear.

"I thought I killed her," I muttered as Greg stood a few feet away holding Josh. This wasn't the place for them. If they came she would use them to control me. "I'm sorry." I said the them before teleporting to where I had fought Elle the last time. She stood on the balcony looking regal waiting for me. I walked into the house and up the stairs to the balcony. "Elle."

"I told you, family makes you weak," she smirked before facing me. I felt the anger bubbling up. She was responsible for Van's death just as much as Eric. I wanted her dead so much that my heart felt hardened. I clasped the anger holding tightly to it. The rage was the thing fueling my magic at the moment.

"And not having family will be your undoing Elle," I said firmly as I launched my magic at her. Our magic hit each other's locked between us. My power pushed against her magic but neither of us could hurt the other.

"Little Brie so young and naive to think I was working alone," she laughed as I felt a sharp pain in my back. I looked down to see a blade sticking through my stomach. I looked over my shoulder to find Nathan. She had found the men who wanted to hurt me the most and brought him back to life. He let go as I collapsed onto the floor my magic faltering. My crimson blood pooled beneath me as Elle walked toward me. She wrapped her arms around Nathan pressing her lips against his. My heart was as broken as my body and I found I didn't have the will to fight for my life anymore. I wanted Van to hold me close and take the pain but he never came. I was swallowed by the sea of death quickly...