Baby?

I made my way toward recovery. I sat down next to her looking at the doctor.

"The baby?" I asked softly as the doctor looked sadly at me.

"I'm sorry but due to the trauma she sustained she lost the baby," the doctor said as I took her hand.

"Did you try everything?" I asked as she nodded.

"We did our very best," the doctor said as I looked at Sapphire.

"When will she wake up?" I asked as the doctor sighed.

"Hopefully in a few hours but she also may never wake," she said as tears rushed down my face.

"Thanks," I said as the doctor left the room only to be replaced by Nathan. "I might lose her Nathan."

"No I won't let that happen!" Nathan said calling his magic toward him.

"Is it working?" I asked as he touched the rose mark. I watched her gasp coughing as she sat up. "Sapph!" I said wrapping my arms around her.

"Tony what happened?" She asked her eyes filling with panic.

"My father tossed you across a clearing. One of the guards brought you inside the house and freed me. I called Nathan but he couldn't heal you," I said softly. I opened my mouth to tell her about the baby but no sound would come out. This news was going to devastate her she so wanted our child.

"What about the baby?" She asked as I looked at her sadly.

"I'm sorry but we lost the baby. The doctor said there was too much damage to save our child," I managed as her eyes filled with loss. I rushed forward cradling her sobbing body against my own trying desperately to take her pain away. I lay in the bed next to her as she cried for our baby.

"Guys we should leave before the hospital staff comes back to discover her wounds are completely fine," Nathan said as I got out of bed holding her in my arms. Nathan grabbed my hand to teleport us away. We landed in the middle of our living room. I watched as Josh dropped what he was holding his eyes glazed with a mix of surprise and panic. I carried Sapphire up the stairs to our room as Nathan started explaining what happened to Josh.

"How could anyone be so cruel as to kill our baby?" Sapphire whimpered as I placed her on the bed.

"I don't know but I promise he won't get away with this," I vowed to make sure he was dead.

"Tony it's my fault. I thought staying was fine and I trusted your father I'm sorry!" She sobbed only making me feel much worse.

"No it's my fault I didn't explain that my father was very abusive," I told her as she clung to my hand.

"Tony I want to kill him right now!" She said her eyes hardening in unimpeded rage. Her anger made me a little afraid of the length she would go to kill him. She got up pulling the hospital gown off before pulling on jeans and a tank top.

"Sapph you should rest," I said softly but she shook her head.

"No rest makes this worse I can't lie here knowing the man who killed our baby is out there. I'm much stronger than him now!" She growled as I sighed.

"Fine but I'm coming with you," I said as she took my hand teleporting back to San Diego.

"Tony you came back for me!" Amber cheered only for Sapphire to blast her through a wall. Amber let out a shriek before falling silent. I watched as blood poured out of her side following closely behind my wife. She was strangely calm as she destroyed anyone who approached her in an attempt to stop her.

"Tony stop this!" Patrick said only loud enough for me to hear. "She's killing innocent people."

"Funny you killed our innocent baby!" I growled facing him. I froze as he was pointing a gun at me, my own father was going to kill me.

"I warned you," he said firing the bullet at me. I watched as the bullet stopped in midair as Sapphire walked toward us. I could see her eyes were so dark, dark with the power she was using but this time I was glad she was using it.

"I pleaded for my child's life and you laughed in my face now you will pay for that innocent baby's life," she said forcing him to his knees. He groaned as she continued pushing all her magic into him. She was going to kill him the same way she killed her own father.

"Tony look at her. She a monster who shouldn't exist," my father said as I took her hand.

"She's my mate and I trust in the goodness inside her but I also embrace her darkness," I said firmly as a small smile played at her lips. "At least she never hurt my little girl even when she lost her humanity she never crossed that line!" I watched as blood oozed from ever inch of his body before he finally collapsed. I watched Sapphire's mood shift instantly as she wept next to me.

"It didn't help. It didn't make this pain stop," she sobbed as I wrapped my arms around her.

"At least he can't hurt us anymore," I said to her as I held her. I watched as the pack approached us before they bowed before us. "Sapph."

"What are they doing?" She sniffled as she faced them.

"You killed the Alpha and now you are the Alpha," a guard said as we looked at them.

"But we already have a pack," I said as Sapphire looked at the children running toward us.

"Tony we can't leave them without an Alpha," she said softly barely holding it together.

"We could stay until they replace us," I said as she nodded.

"Hold an election to come up with a new Alpha and until then we will stay and protect you," she said as the crowd started to disperse. She really was a good person to be willing to help them after they didn't try and save her. How did I get so lucky?