Ancient Wanting

I looked at Elle careful to hide my fear. I knew she didn't care for me like she claimed. I stood in the doorway to the study as Elle smiled at me. I could see the dark gleam in her blue eyes.

"Brie would you like me to take your power so you don't have to worry about it?" Elle asked me. I knew she didn't want to help me.

"No I'm good," I said harshly. I kicked myself mentally as I may have tipped her off. "I should be going." I turned to leave as her hand grabbed my arm.

"I don't think so," her voice wasn't soft like before but hard with only anger. I faced her as her eyes glowed red. She smirked conjuring a fire. "You think I don't have total control of my magic!"

"Elle what are you doing?" I asked taking a step back.

"Getting what is rightfully mine! Grandma was supposed to give me the power. The magic is handed down to the next oldest and instead she gave it to a brat of a granddaughter," she screamed tossing the fireball at me. I ducked making a run for the front door only to have a wall of fire block my path. I turned running up the stairs Elle following me slowly. She wasn't afraid I would get away. I ran for the door at the end of the hallway pulling it open. I slammed it shut locking the door. I found I was in a room with two bar covered windows.

"Damn it," I gasped looking around trying to figure out a way to escape. I slid under the bed unlocking the door with my magic. My only hope was she hadn't seen me enter this room.

"Brie that's no way to treat your family," Elle laughed opening door after door until she came to the room I was in. She opened the door stepping into the room. I held my breath scared she would hear me breathing. She looked around the room pausing next to the bed. My heart pounded with fear as she continued to stand there. She started to bend down to look under the bed. I pictured the study using my power to knock the last few books off the shelf causing a crash. Elle paused a moment more before leaving the room to go to the study. I started to breathe before getting out from under the bed. I was trapped in a house with a killer and no way to get help. There were phones but I couldn't call the police, they wouldn't be able to help me fight a witch. I stayed tightly against the wall walking slowly to the stairs. I made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen. I grabbed a kitchen knife before looking around for another exit.

"Does she really only have one door," I whispered before walking into the hallway.

"Got you," she laughed as I spun trying to hit her with the knife but she grabbed my arm twisting it. The knife slipped from my grasp as she slammed me against the wall pinning me to it. I winced as she pulled my arm into an awkward angle.

"Please let me go," I begged but all she did with smirk.

"Little Brie afraid to be the monster she already has become," Elle said with a smile. "Give me the power!"

"No, I won't let you hurt someone," I said firmly as she picked up the knife I had dropped. She held it against my cheek.

"Last chance or you get a nasty scar," she said but I refused to give in. She was too dangerous to give my magic to. I winced as she dragged the blade across my cheek bone on the left. Blood dripped down my face as she looked pleased with her artwork. I reached up touching my cheek. The cut was deep and probably needed stitches.

"Everyone was right about you. You are evil and a monster. I will make it my mission to end you to save us all," I screamed my power flowed through me. The magic inside me wasn't dark but light and stronger than I thought. I launched it into her knocking her into the kitchen. The knife slipped from her hand sliding under the fridge. She hit the table crashing through the wood hitting the floor. She groaned rolling onto her side. She struggled to her feet sending me flipping across the hallway through a closed door. I hit the ground wooden splinters all around me.

"Brie you are no match for me. You are an inexperienced child who doesn't know her full potential," Elle said harshly. I got to my feet swaying. I was feeling drained by the magic but I refused to give in. I would rather die than help Elle.

"That's what you think," I growled as the light reached out of my body creeping toward her. She took a step back a hint of fear in her eyes. She knew what this was and what would happen if it touched her.

"Stop," she ordered but I wasn't going to stop. I watched as a darkness reached toward me coming from Elle. She had the same power just darker. She was my opposite and my tailored enemy. Her power was designed to fight mine.

"I can't let you continue to hurt people," I said firmly as my light touched her dark power. They pushed against each other trying to reach their target. I braced myself against a wall putting everything I had into the magic. I watched as it moved closer to Elle before she held out her hand. I felt her hate for me fueling her dark energy. The darkness started to come toward me as I struggled to maintain control. I need something to fight for. I shut my eyes picturing my family. The twins dancing in the palace, Van's arms around my waist as we glided across the dance floor. I'll fight for my family always...