Humanity Lost

(Van's POV)
I watched as Sapphire ran to the window. "Sapphire," I called to her. She glanced over her shoulder her black eyes flashing violet briefly before she flung herself out the window. I ran to the balcony watching as she ran through the city. Soon she wasn't visible anymore. I turned to find the twins looking at me.

"Mom left us," Brooke said softly.

"No honey that wasn't your mom," I said though I knew it wasn't true. Some piece of Sapph didn't want to stay. "I promise I will find her and I will bring her back."

"Master Van there's been an attack on the edge of the forest," a guard said as I sighed.

"Watch the twins I'll go see," I said teleporting to the forest. I looked seeing a girl a little younger than Sapphire screaming out for her family. I walked over to the cabin looking inside. There was so much blood, it was gruesome and I knew Sapphire had done this. She lost sight of what made her human.

"You let this happen!" The girl screamed taking a swing at me. "You let her live as a monster. She is never going to stop killing and that makes you just as guilty as her for this." I didn't fight back because I knew it was my fault. I should have staked her the minute I saw her but I couldn't. She looked so much like Sapph when I called to her. Had I killed her she never would have hurt this family.

"I'm sorry," I said walking away from her. I didn't know a way to find her I just knew my Sapphire was gone and I couldn't find a way to let her go.

(Sapphire's POV)
I sat up in a tree watching as Van walked past me. He had no idea I was here and I found myself loving the chaos I could cause. His smell rushed toward me the pounding of his heart urging me to take a bite.

"Boo," I said as he spun toward me. The smile spread across my face my fangs just past my upper lip.

"Sapphire," Van said softly as I jumped out of the tree. I landed in front of him as he glared at me.

"Not happy to see me," I said as he pulled out a stake.

"You killed that girl's family," he snapped losing his focus. I spun kicking the stake out of his hand.

"I know, it was fun. They never saw it coming," I mocked him. I gasped as he used his power to knocking me into a tree. I bared my fangs lunging at him. He dodged me as I faced him.

"Sapphire where are you," he said looking at me.

"Van I'm right here!" I growled as he was acting as if I wasn't Sapphire.

"You aren't Sapphire you are just the monster using her body," he sniped as I ran at him. He grabbed my arm a small spark entering my body. My lips parted slightly as our eyes locked. "Fight for us Sapphire!" I looked at my left arm as it started to glow red again.

"What is this?" I asked pulling away from him.

"Sapphire please come back to us. You were good and selfless," Van said walking toward me. I felt a small piece of myself waking up and instead of losing my new strength I turned running away from Van. I sped through the woods not stopping until I was past the tree stump. I fought against the emotions I had started to feel. I didn't want to be weak anymore. Van's voice echoed in my head.

"Stay out of my head!" I screamed as I felt a longing for someone I couldn't remember.

"Give in to the darkness my child, it will make you strong," my grandfather's voice said. Tears raced down my cheeks as I walked around trying to calm down.

"Stop it," I gasped trying to reach inside myself trying to find who I was and who I want to be.

"Sapphire," Van said from a few feet away. I faced him standing behind the tree stump using it as a barrier between us.

"Stay back," I said firmly but he passed the stump with ease. "Only family can pass the marks."

"Sapphire I'm family," Van said walking toward me slowly. The vampire in me wanted his blood but I knew there was another part of me that begged for his life. Was he more than a king to me? I could vaguely remember him but what was he.

"Stop," I pleaded as he reached toward me his hand cupped my cheek gently. I felt something stirring inside me something I almost forgot. I stepped closer to him instinctively as his lips hovered over mine. Memories came flooding back, I love Van Lucian.

"I will love you for the rest of my immortal life Sapphire," he said his lips pressing against mine. The moment our lips touched my heart pounded. It felt strange to have a heart beat after a day without one. I pulled away from him as pain filled my body. I looked at the mark on my arm as it turned black. Lane was warning me of something. It was warning me that Van was in danger.

"Van your life is at risk," I said quickly as he looked at me confused.

"How do you know?" He asked as I looked past him.

"We are cursed Van. Our love is going to get you killed and just trust me," I said when I spotted the girl from the cabin. Van turned seeing her.

"I fixed her, she human," Van said walking toward the girl when she pulled out a crossbow aiming at Van.

"Move or I'll shoot you too," she said to Van. I watched in horror as she didn't even give him a moment to move before firing the arrow. I ran toward him as he hit the ground. The arrow stuck out of his belly. He was supposed to be immortal yet he hit the ground bleeding out as I watched helplessly.

"No Van," I sobbed kneeling next to him as he smiled up at me weakly. I was losing him and it was all thanks to an ancient curse I couldn't reverse...

[A/N]
As promised part two for today. Thank you for your continued support of my story. I hope you guys continue to read and enjoy my story!