Death

I walked forward through the woods a twig snapping under my foot. I froze before continuing on my now frantic effort to save Eric and myself. I cleared another set of trees only to feel a jolt pass through my body. I felt a scream rip through me as I hit the ground hard. I groaned unable to move to escape.

"It's Eric's girl," the man gasped as the other grabbed my arm yanking me to my feet quickly.

"Eric we got your girlfriend, come out now or she dies!" The man holding me yelled. I tried to use my magic but I couldn't manage to. The electricity must have jumbled my powers.

"Please let me go," I pleaded looking at the man. "I'm on your side."

"Then why be with him?" The man laughed.

"To save my family," I gasped as he struck me across the face. "My life and the life of my family is tied to Eric's."

"Stop lying you don't have a family," the man growled as tears streamed my face.

"I pregnant you moron!" I sobbed as he put his hand on my belly.

"Call Eric now!" The man ordered squeezing my arm causing me to wince.

"ERIC!" I yelled trying to save my baby. "HELP." I felt my heart sink as no response came. I was going to die because Eric never cared for me. "Eric please!" I sobbed softly.

"Let her go," Eric said stepping out from behind a tree unwavering in confidence.

"Eric," I gasped as they tossed him a potion. Eric caught it effortlessly as I squirmed in the man's arms.

"Take it and give us your magic," the man said as he pulled a knife holding it to my throat.

"What will happen to Sapphire?" Eric asked as tears streaked my cheeks.

"Her life is tied to yours so she'll die," The man said not hint of remorse in his voice. The man held me in front of him like a shield. I couldn't help but think about how much of a mistake it was trusting the ancestors. Was Eric a victim in all this?

"Eric," I said our eyes locked. "Do it!" Eric pulled a gun taking aim quickly firing a round through me hitting the man. We both fell backward as Eric killed the second guy. He rushed to my side putting pressure on my wound.

"I can't heal you," Eric said panic filling his eyes. I fought against the pain touching Eric's hands.

"Protect my family," I whispered as he shook his head.

"No I will save you damn it!" Eric said scooping me up. I gasped pain flashing through my system as he teleported us. "Tony!"

"Oh my god Sapph," Tony said rushing to take me from Eric's arms.

"Tony," I said stroking his cheek with my left hand gently. Tony walked quickly to the living room placing me on the sofa taking my bloody left hand.

"What happened?" Tony asked as Eric grabbed a spell book.

"She ignored me and put herself at risk. The only way I can save her is to link her life to yours," Eric said as my chest tightened.

"What happens to him if I die?" I gasped as Eric glanced at Tony. The pain I felt was agonizing more so than when I died the first time.

"I'm not sure," Eric said softly as I shook my head.

"No you need to live for your daughter," I gasped my vision blurring.

"Sapphire I can't lose you! Do it Eric," Tony said as Eric chanted. I gasped as I felt the wound stitching shut. I took a deep breath sitting up as my vision became normal again. I wrapped my arms around Tony holding tightly to him.

"I'll be just in the next room," Eric said catching me off guard as I looked into Tony's honey eyes. I inched closer to Tony our lips colliding sending a spark through me. I felt the kiss deepen setting a fire a blaze in my soul as Tony put his arms on my waist.

"I love you Sapphire!" Tony said firmly as I looked at him. My arms wrapped around my neck.

"I love you Tony forever," I smiled as he caressed my cheek gently. I leaned into his touch a warm glow inside me. "Can you hear if the baby is okay?"

"I hear a strong heartbeat," Tony smiled bending down to talk to the baby. "Hey little guy this is daddy."

"Sapphire," Eric said walking into the room slowly clearly knowing he was interrupting. "Are you staying here or coming back with me?"

"Eric thank you for saving me but I love Tony," I said getting to my feet walking toward Eric. "Promise me you will stay out of trouble."

"Sapphire if you change your mind you know where I am," Eric said pressing his lips to my cheek before teleporting away. I sighed walking into Tony's arms quickly.

"Now about the wedding," I smiled as Tony beamed.

"We will talk about it tomorrow Sapphire," Tony said as we made our way up the stairs quickly.

"I need to shower to get rid of the blood," I said look at my blood soaked hands.

"I'll be naked on the bed waiting for you," Tony said causing me to gasp.

"I am a lady," I teased walking into the bathroom. I turned on the water before pulling my clothes off. I stepped into the warm tub water. I leaned back as the warm water inched up my body. I felt all my tension release as I sat in the water. I was home and most importantly free...