Dark Wedding

I stood in my room with the dress makers adding finishing touches to my stunning wedding gown. It was an A line wedding dress with diamond straps and jewels along the top edge. The dress had a train and plunging neckline that left room for a beautiful necklace.

"It looks so beautiful," I smile as they had finished.

"You look beautiful Princess Sapphire," the dress maker smiled.

"Thank you Helen," I said as she fastened the purple diamond around my neck. I looked nothing short of royal. Van spared no expense giving me the wedding a girl could only dream of. This wedding was as intricate as the British royal wedding.

"My sister's getting married!" Lane cheered pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah," I beamed as I pulled my hair up into a messy updo before putting my tiara on.

"Van is so lucky you are marrying him," Lane said as I rolled my eyes.

"Are the twins ready to walk the rings down the isle?" I asked as Lane nodded.

"It's time," he said as the music started to play. I took a small breath before taking Lane's arm. We walked down the hallway to the waiting carriage to take us through the city. Citizens lined the streets tossing rose pedals as we road by. We reached the clearing getting out of the carriage. Lane took my hand as we stood at the end of the isle. Everyone faced me as we walked toward Van. Van and I stared at each other as everyone else faded away. I reached him taking his hand.

"Today we are here to join two pieces of the same coin. Sapphire though unconventional is made for Van. Against all odds these two found each other defying death itself to be together," the man said as I looked at Van. "Sapphire do you take Van to be your husband forever?"

"Yes I do," I smiled as Van looked deeply into my eyes.

"Do you Van Lucian take Sapphire as your wife for the rest of your immortal life?" He asked as Van grinned at me.

"I do," he said as they handed us a cup. Van took a sip before handing it to me. I drank it when suddenly pain hit me. I gasped my legs buckling as Van grabbed onto my waist catching me. "Sapph."

"You thought we would just let you throw your life away on a no one!" The woman from the party sneered.

"Beth what have you done," Van demanded as I leaned limply against him.

"What needed to be done to show you how vulnerable she makes you!" Beth snapped as Van tried to heal me. I felt a scream escape my lips as the pain worsened with his every touch.

"You made me toxic to her!" Van growled as Lane rushed forward taking me from Van.

"Van," I gasped reaching for him.

"Give me the antidote," he snarled as Beth laughed.

"There isn't an antidote," she smirked as I felt a wave of magic fill me. I launched it at Beth knocking her across the clearing. Van spun facing me as I stood despite the agony I felt.

"Stay away from him," I growled the full force of my power forcing her to her knees with ease.

"Sapphire," Van gasped as I looked at him.

"She made us poison to each other," I said tears brimming in my eyes.

"We will figure this out," Van said as Beth let out a cry of pain as I snapped her leg before releasing her.

"How?" I asked as Van reached up to touch me before retracting his hand.

"I can't even comfort you," he said pain in his gaze.

"Van I still want to marry you today," I said as he nodded.

"Finish the ceremony," Van said to the man.

"I pronounce you husband and wife you may kiss the bride," he said as I pressed my lips to Van's. Pain hit me but I ignored it before Van pulled away. Every touch had a spark followed by immense pain. The physical pain wasn't as bad as the knowledge that I couldn't touch him.

"I love you and we will find a way. Nothing can keep us apart any longer," I said firmly as Van's hand hovered over my cheek as if he was caressing it.

"I will always find a way to be with you," Van vowed before rushing from the clearing. I knew he wasn't going to the palace but out in search of an answer. Tears broke past the barrier falling rapidly down my face as the people looked sadly at me. Lane grabbed my hand pulling me toward the carriage.

"I promise I'll help you through this," he said as I got into the carriage with the twins. We road back to the palace in silence. Van was my everything and on my wedding day I couldn't so much as touch my husband cause it could kill me. I got out of the carriage putting the twins in their room before walking into the hall. I leaned against the wall clutching my stomach as a wave of emotions hit me. Longing and anger the most prevalent as I struggled to take a breath. Panic filled my body as I thought of never seeing Van again. He left to find an answer and I knew he wouldn't return until he had found it even if that meant never seeing me again.

"Van," I gasped sliding to the ground. How could Beth hate me so much?

"Sapphire," Lane said looking sadly at me. "There has been an accident." My lips parted slightly as I got to my feet. I felt myself reaching toward Van but got nothing in return.

"No I just was with him!" I screamed unwilling to believe that he was dead. "He is immortal, he can't be dead." I muttered fighting to breathe as pain flooded my system.

"Sapphire he went to earth and his plane went down," Lane said as tears fell silently down my face. Van can't be dead...