Life and Death

"Josh," I called as he rushed into the room. He stood there eyes wide.

"What are you going to send his ass packing?" Josh asked as tears filled my violet eyes.

"I can't fight. Josh I found out I'm pregnant. I'm safe but the baby wouldn't be if I fought," I gasped as Nathan grabbed my hand. "Josh you have to fight."

"No you know I couldn't even beat Danielle!" He snapped as my heart dropped. He was right but how was I supposed to do this.

"Nathan," I gasped as he made me face him. "If it looks like the entire pack is going to die I have to fight."

"No the baby!" He said harshly.

"If I don't fight the baby would die anyway!" I snapped angrily. I pulled out of his arms following Tony to the guardian compound. I stood there grabbing as many weapons as I could to avoid shifting into Lycan form. I held the guns making my way to the roof sitting down. I held the guns as Tony organized the rest of the pack. My heart raced as Drake moved toward my army. I took aim but he was heavily protected. I fired shot after shot into his army but the same number of my guys were hit as well. I touched my belly tears streaking my face. I hopped down shifting into my Lycan form knowing by doing this I may have just killed my child.

"DRAKE!" I snarled making him turn on me.

"Sapph you finally going to defend the pack?!" He spat as I glared.

"You know why I didn't fight but I'm here for my pack no matter the personal loss to my family!" I growled my body stalking toward him. "The pack always comes first!"

"That's where you are wrong, the pack never comes first!" Drake said as he bared teeth at me. I watched his muscles flex as he jumped at me. I dodged it taking a swipe at his side. I watched with pleasure as my claws raked down his flank. He yelped in pain snapping his teeth at me. I whimpered as his jaw locked on my shoulder. I took a breath wiggling free before swinging at his face. I watched my claws imbed in his face blood spraying the ground. I paused seeing a child watching from the edge of the woods. Drake noticed and ran at her. Without hesitation I jumped over him landing in front of the girl taking a protective stance. He smirked dragging his claws across my stomach my blood dripping onto the snow.

"She's a child leave her alone!" I growled as my wounds closed themselves. I thought of what he was going to do to the rest of the pack if I gave up. I felt my rage boiling as I launched myself full force into him my teeth clamping on his throat. I could taste the copper blood in my mouth as I squeezed until his body went limp dropping to the ground. I looked at his lifeless body shifting human again. 

"Sweetie," I gasped picking the little girl up as the fighting came to a standstill. My pack looked at me in shock as Drake's arm retreated without a second thought. I took several deep breaths as the little girl clung to me tightly. "Who's your mom and dad?"

"Daddy!" The girl yelled causing Tony to rush through the crowd. He saw his daughter in my arms and Drake dead on the ground.

"Oh baby you were supposed to stay inside," he said taking her from my arms his eyes filled with relief. "Thank you Sapphire for saving my little girl!"

"No problem," I said touching my belly tears pooling in my eyes. I walked back to the compound to find Josh arguing with Nathan.

"You can't seriously expect me to let you just leave her for doing what she thought was right!" Josh yelled as Nathan threw his belongings into a suitcase.

"She killed our baby! She could have left with me and we would have been fine," Nathan yelled causing me to flinch.

"If she left she would have doomed the entire pack. You don't think he would have slaughtered them all including other children?!" Josh demanded as I looked at my belly.

"So when the going gets tuff you cut and run?!" I gasped tears dripping down my blood covered face. "You're my mate and you can just walk away without even telling me?"

"You killed our little baby for a group of people who won't see you as anything but a monster!" Nathan yelled as I looked at him.

"I saved a little girl today," I growled before glaring at him. "We don't even know if this hurt the baby!"

"Let me prove it!" He growled pushing his hand against my stomach roughly. I nearly fell over as his magic grazed my stomach. He turned back to his bag stuffing his things into it before walking out the door.

"Damn it Nathan!" I sobbed collapsing on the floor. Josh scooped me up putting me on the bed as I continued to cry. The man I loved left me without a second thought. He knows how close a bond between mates is and he just left.

"Hello," Alicia called walking up the stairs. She walked into my room taking note of the blood still on my face. "She fought?"

"She couldn't watch them get slaughtered," Josh said softly as Alicia walked closer.

"I can hear them," she gasped as I looked confused. "The baby is fine."

"But Nathan left. He couldn't feel the baby," I gasped as she shook her head.

"Because you're having the next set of Gemini Lycans but this time their power is ten times stronger than yours. They are part witch and are masking their presence," Alicia said with eyes wide.

"I'll go get Nathan," Josh said but I shook my head.

"No he left and I don't want him to come back just for the babies," I gasped even though I wanted him desperately. A baby can't be the glue in our relationship. If he comes back so be it but he has to want it...