Angelic Being

We stood in a beautiful clearing with a pond just a few feet from us, it was peaceful and calm.

"This is mine," Lane said to me. I looked around in wonder as a bird landed on my shoulder. I touched the birds head gently as Lane smiled. "They sense good in people."

"This bird must be confused, I'm a terrible person who killed thousands," I sighed as he grabbed my hand pulling me into a waltz. He looked at me his sad blue eyes striking compared to his dark hair.

"You seem sad my sister. I can see how deep the agony hurts yet here you are smiling," Lane said as I looked at my hand. Eric wasn't with me and he wasn't coming back anymore. I pulled away from my brother as a tear slipped down my left cheek. I wiped it away quickly continuing to follow Lane.

"Where are we going?" I asked softly stopping before a giant metal unyielding gate barring entrance and escape. If I past this gate there would be no escaping whatever was in store.

"To meet my leader," he smiled but my feet stayed planted.

"What are you going to do to me?" I choked out as he grabbed my hand dragging me through the gate. The city was brilliant with white building that had so many golden accents and it reminded me of Ancient Greece.

"Here she is!" My brother smiled tossing me at the feet of a man who stood above them all. I could feel his power and it was familiar, the spell.

"It's you," I gasped getting to my feet as he grabbed my arm yanking me toward him.

"What gives you enough worth to live?" He demanded as I winced.

"I'm a part of you," I managed as he released me laughing.

"I never had a daughter," he growled as I looked at him.

"But my parents cast a spell and I got some of your magic," I said holding a ball of fire for proof. He looked awed but then furious. I gasped as he struck me across the face. The sting spread across my face as I glared at him. "What gives you the right to hurt people?!"

"Most people fear me but why not you?" He asked dodging my question.

"I fear a lot of things but none have to do with you. I'm afraid for my family and the darkness I wasn't supposed to have. I have so much power I can't always control it," I rambled as he stared at me clearly curious about me.

"She stays for now but she's right her magic is something to be dealt with together," he said pulling me into the building that could only be described as a castle. "Show me!"

"Fine," I muttered calling all my magic toward me before my knees buckled as blood dripped from my eyes and nose. I gasped a small whimper rushing past my lips.

"Stop," he said as I tried desperately to slow my heart rate. I took slow deep breaths picturing the twins as the power stopped. "You really have my power kid."

"I'm not a child," I snapped struggling to my feet.

"No clearly you are not," he laughed. "I'm Van."

"I'm a long story but call me Sapphire," I smiled weakly as the blood vanished from my face.

"We have a feast every night it starts in a few minutes. I have laid out three dresses to choose from," Van said walking away quickly. I made my way to the room and froze, the dresses were extravagant. I slipped the silver dress on before sitting on the bed. I wondered what tonight would hold and if I was ever going to be allowed to leave.

"Sister are you dressed?" Lane called from the hallway. 

"Yes I am," I said as he walked in.

"Master Van sent me to get you," Lane said as I looked at him.

"Master, of what?" I asked as Lane grabbed my arm dragging me down the hallway. I gasped as we entered a room high on a balcony with what appeared to be the weathier population. I looked out a window and in the square there was a similar party but with the less wealthy people.

"You look fetching," Van said as I faced him my cheeks flushing.

"Thank you," I said as he took my hand bringing it to his lips. I felt puzzled by him, first he hated me and then I was a 'kid' now he's hitting on me. I could see Lane watching us in amazement. I would have to remember to ask Lane about Van later.

"Care to dance?" Van smiled.

"There isn't music," I said as he waved his hand. The room filled with beautiful music as he put his hand on my waist dancing around the room. Whispers floated through the air about me and if I was with Van. We danced our way onto the balcony catching the people's attention below. They started to cheer.

"Master Van," they called holding up gifts. He tensed looking angry at them calling for him.

"It's okay really I felt bad they were down there with less than I have. They had children who looked hungry," I said softly as his eyes snapped back to me.

"You care for them?" He asked as if it was stupid.

"Yes I do. Children are something to cherish no matter if they are yours," I said stepping out of his arms. I peered over the balcony as a little girl waved. I felt a smile spreading across my face as I waved at her. I felt Van's arms wrap around my waist as his chin rested on my shoulder.

"Would it please you to invite the children and their family up?" Van asked as I faced him.

"Yes it would," I beamed as he motioned a server over.

"Bring the children and their family up here to eat," Van said before glancing at me. "Tell them my date requested it." I winced thinking of Eric. I still loved him so deeply but yet he left without hesitation.

"Van I should tell you I just had a messy break up so I'm not ready for a serious relationship," I said glancing down as he caressed my cheek.

"Don't worry I don't fall for people," he said but I could see it in his eyes, he hungered for me. I wondered if the power we shared was drawing us together. Could I even differentiate the magic connection from an emotional one...

[A/N]
The dress in the picture is the one Sapphire is wearing.