Innocent

"Sapphire," Eric smiled at me as I wrapped the silk sheets around my body.

"Yes?" I asked as a wave a guilt washed over me. Not only did I sleep with Eric but I didn't kill him and I'm cheating on Tony.

"Where are you going?" Eric asked and for a moment I could almost pretend it was Nathan speaking to me.

"To take a bath," I said as he grabbed the sheet.

"Come on just a little longer?" Eric asked as I looked at his desperate eyes.

"Please I need to clean up," I smirked at him. "You are such a child!" I tease making my way toward the bathroom.

"At least let me join you," Eric called as I tossed the sheet into his face locking the bathroom door. I stood under the shower head the cool water giving me such clarity. I slept with an evil man who is controlling the man I used to love. I grabbed the soap putting in on my very wet hair as I thought of Tony. I quickly finished getting out drying off with a towel before finding Eric whispering to a woman. "She can't know."

"Who would have thought an evil heartless witch could love a woman who could end him," The woman laughed as I made my way over to the night stand grabbing my cellphone. I walked back into the bathroom shutting the door quietly. I sat down dialing Tony needing to hear his voice.

"Sapphire thank goodness I haven't heard from you since the party last night," Tony said as my heart cracked.

"Tony I don't know how to tell you this but I slept with Eric. He's the man controlling Nathan. I don't know why I did but on some level it was like our magic was connected," I said tears rushing down my cheeks. "I got to the party ready to kill him but he was so normal."

"Are you crazy?!" Tony demanded his voice harsh. "He could kill you in your sleep Sapph!"

"He won't. I over heard him talking to someone that he cares deeply for me," I whispered as the line went dead. I tossed my phone against the wall angry with my poor decision to cheat on Tony. I sighed as my phone shattered as it hit the wall. I put my hand on my forehead in frustration.

"Sapphire you okay in there?" Eric yelled through the door.

"Yes I'm fine but I just broke my phone," I said getting up off the floor opening the door. "Do you have something I could wear?"

"Sure," Eric smiled conjuring a plain white tank top and a pair of black skinny jeans. I grabbed them pulling them on quickly before walking toward Eric. "You look beautiful!"

"Thanks," I said as he reached toward me. I took a step back knowing if he touched me everything would get confused again.

"What am I just a one night stand?" Eric snapped rushing toward me grabbing my arm.

"Eric please let go," I whispered as fear overloaded my system.

"Is it Tony or why can't I touch you?!" Eric asked as I looked up at him with tears brimming in my eyes.

"Eric everything is just complicated right now I need a minute to sort this out. I came here to kill you and then we kissed and now I'm not sure what I want," I sighed as he stiffened rage filling his charcoal eyes. He released me walking toward the door. "Eric wait!" He slammed the door as I ran to the window. I watched as he made his way to his car driving away from the house.

"You really screwed up," the woman from before smirked. I walked toward her taking a good swing knocking her to the floor.

"Just cause he's mine doesn't mean you get to be pissed at me!" I sniped walking out of the room. I made my way to the living room only to be surrounded by bodyguards.

"Eric asked us to watch you. You can leave but we have to go with you," one said as I groaned.

"I can defend myself," I said using my magic to knock him into the wall. "Case in point you are on the floor."

"Sapphire stop!" Eric said as he walked back into the house.

"Why should I?" I demanded levitating the guard off the ground.

"Sapphire," I paused as I realized it was Nathan speaking. I dropped the guard looking into his grey eyes as I rushed to him.

"Nathan," I gasped wrapping my arms around him before I felt his embrace. He breathed me in before I felt his body tense as Eric took over. I pulled back finding black eyes staring into my eyes.

"You are so innocent Sapphire," Eric said softly reaching toward me. "I like that."

"You can let Nathan out?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yes and normally I would never let him out but you are changing me. For some reason you are waking things I thought I was incapable of feeling," Eric said softly. "My last girlfriend tried to leave me so I chained her to a wall but with you I would never keep you prisoner."

"You can feel?" I gasped because the witch ancestors lied to me. They said an evil witch can never love again.

"Yes I believe I can love you," Eric said softly. I looked at my lily then to Eric. The witch I had met said Tony and I wouldn't last and maybe this was why. Eric was fated to love me for the rest of my mortal life. "I wondered about your mark myself Sapphire and I have never seen one so dark before."

"It got dark when we kissed," I whispered as his eyes widened.

"That can't be, it isn't possible," he said with shock lacing each word. What does all this mean...