A Mother's Hate

I stood in my room looking out at the reception below as tears rushed down my face. I could see Tony arguing with his mother as I stood in a pretty dress alone in my pain. I couldn't understand what she thought would happen interrupting a wedding reception to call the bride not good enough. Being not good enough wasn't a new feeling to me as my father tried his best to make me look horrid to give my sister my job. He hated me so much he let my mother get killed by the Alpha. I felt an arm take my hand pulling me from my thoughts.

"Sapphire this is your wedding day don't let her ruin it," Nathan said as I faced him.

"How am I supposed to do this? I didn't even know he had a mother to come and the worst part is she came to hate me," I said as Nathan hit me with a blast of magic. I looked into his kind grey eyes as his power flew through me.

"Show her she's wrong," he said as I looked in the mirror as my makeup fixed itself. I gave him a quick hug before walking to my bedroom door.

"Thanks Nathan," I smiled before I rushed down the stairs and outside. I made my way over to Tony grabbing a hold of him. I yanked him toward me pressing my lips against his silencing both their arguments. She glared at me as a small smile played at my lips. At least it wasn't pleasant to see us kiss. I finally pulled away facing her as our eyes locked. "We don't care about your opinions, I'm not leaving him ever and there isn't a damn thing you can do to change that!"

"Mom Sapphire isn't going to scare away like the last one. Her own family tried to kill her and still she tried to save them," Tony snapped as she pursed her lips in displeasure.

"Do you know what happened to Amber?" She whispered to me as I looked at her.

"Are you saying you had something to do with her death?" I demanded as Tony looked between us confused.

"What did she say?" Tony asked as I looked at him. I saw the hope he had when the fake Amber showed up and I saw the pain when he lost her all over again.

"She mentioned Amber," I whispered as his eyes filled with sadness. I reached my hand up touching his cheek trying desperately to take his pain away. "I promise she can't hurt me as easily!"

"Mom what did you do to Amber?!" Tony yelled as her eyes widened.

"You bitch, you lied to my son," she yelled taking a swing at me. I used my magic to put up a barrier stopping her from getting close to us.

"Mom you killed the woman I loved and who gave me a child!" Tony growled as his pain filled my own body.

"She tried to take you from me," Marissa said almost defending her actions. I watch Tony fall to his knees in the grass.

"Can't you see how much pain you caused him?" I demanded kneeling next to him not caring if I wrecked my dress.

"No you caused this by telling him," she spat as I shook my head pulling him into my arms.

"If you think that you are crazy," I snapped as he sobbed against me.

"He deserves someone who isn't disfigured," she snapped. I pulled my ring off showing her the magical ring that both Tony and I had.

"The witch ancestors disagree," I said putting my ring back on. Tony clung to me his heartbreak coming off him in waves. I knew his pain as I felt it when I lost my mother because of my father. "Tony I promise she won't get away with this."

"Daddy," my eyes widened as Jamie was standing behind Marissa. I watched a horrible smile spread across her face. I scrambled to my feet rushing past her scooping Jamie up in my arms. Marissa spun and I could see she had a gun. I put Jamie down pushing her behind me. I used my body as a shield trying my best to keep her safe.

"Mom stop!" Tony said as he stepped toward her. I knew my magic wasn't currently a match for a bullet as my magic was spread thin.

"Jamie shut your eyes," I said softly as Tony's eyes locked on mine. I felt tears slipping down my face as she aimed at my chest. "Tony I love you."

"Damn it use your magic!" Tony pleaded but my eyes must have shown I couldn't. I heard her squeeze the trigger as Tony stepped in front of me. I felt a burst of my powers encase us as Marissa screamed.

"No my baby," she shrieked as Tony wrapped his arms around me. I looked to see the bullet stop inches from us dropping into the grass.

"I can still access the love boost," I gasped as Tony looked me over as if looking for a wound.

"That's not possible," Marissa said as Tony held me tightly. "There is no such power!"

"Love like ours is. We beat fate and lived to tell about," I snapped as Tony smirked at me.

"Arrest her," Nathan said pointing the guards in our direction. I watched as she struggled in their arms as they dragged her away.

"How about you stop almost dying okay," Tony said as I looked at him.

"I will if you will," I smiled as Jamie hugged us.

"Let's try and enjoy the rest of tonight okay," Tony said as my heart began to return to normal.

"Are there any other family members I should know about?" I asked as he stiffened.

"I have a father but I don't think he will come," Tony said a small look of disappointment filled his honey eyes. I wrapped my arms around him trying to reassure him.

"We can be each other's family," I said knowing we both needed family. He was my family always...