Want for Everything

I slipped out of the bed pulling myself together as I headed toward the room with what remains of the guards.

"Sapphire," Lane said as I stood in front of them.

"I'm sure by now you all have realized Van gave his life for me. We are going to honor his memory always. I am forming a group of leadership and couldn't think of a better team than you all," I said firmly as whispers filled the room.

"Which of us?" Someone asked as I looked at them all.

"Lane for sure. Van said he was his best now who is interested in this. This position won't pay well but you and your family can stay in the palace," I said softly.

"Who put you in charge?!" Demanded a woman. It was the woman who liked Van. I stood calmly looking at her.

"Would you like me to demonstrate why I am in charge," I said unwavering under her scrutiny.

"Yes," she said as I tapped into the magic. I forced her to her knees with one hand and no effort. She gasped before I released her. She didn't speak after that.

"Now I must address the rest of the city," I said making my way to the balcony. I stepped onto the balcony as a crowd began to gather. "Master Van has passed away. He died fighting for those under his care. He left me here to watch over you and to assist in any form possible. To honor his memory I have appointed members of the guards to positions of power because they keep us all safe. If you have concerns address them with us the palace doors will be open." I turned walked into the room as they started clapping.

"Nice. You are actually a natural leader," Lane smiled as I looked at him.

"Actually I am not a leader I just care," I said walking through the palace to where Van's body was. I froze finding an empty bed. My lips parted slightly as anger rushed through me. How could someone be heartless enough to take his body?

"Kid," Van said as I spun around quickly. I covered my mouth walking into his arms. He held me tightly against him as I breathed him in.

"I thought I lost you," I gasped as he stepped back caressing my cheek.

"Not going to happen," Van said firmly as I looked at him.

"Wait which one of us is immortal then?" I asked as his smile faltered.

"One way to find out," he said grabbing a knife off the nightstand. He cut his hand which healed before I offered my hand. He hesitated before cutting my hand. I watched the blood dripping down my hand before Van healed me.

"I brought you back," I said realizing the power I had given him was the immortality.

"Sapphire don't worry people won't know. They will think you are immortal still," Van said as I nodded.

"Now you should go tell the guard you are alive," I said as he gripped my waist before we made our way into the hallway. Lane stood there staring in amazement.

"I saw you. You were dead but that's not possible," Lane rambled trying to make sense of it before I covered his mouth.

"I brought him back," I said firmly before uncovering his mouth.

"Sapphire we should throw a party," Van smiled as I looked at him.

"Yes a party," I said as he called a guard over.

"Invite the people who live near the castle. None of the normal crew please," Van said as I leaned against him.

"Thank you," I smirked knowing he invited the poorest of his people.

"I thought I would follow your example," Van said before leading me to his room to get ready. I grabbed a tight blue dress slipping it on before stepping out of the bathroom.

"What do you think?" I asked as I felt a pang in my chest. My smile faltered as pain rushing through me causing me to double over. The twins were in trouble.

"Sapphire are you alright?" Van said putting his arms around me.

"I have to leave," I breathed as he looked concerned.

"Why? What's happening?" He asked as I magically changed into jeans and a tank top.

"I'll explain later," I said sprinting down the hall and toward the exit. Van chased after me but I ignored him stepping through the portal. I found myself in the middle of a battle between the pack and my father. I heard Brooke scream as my father reached for her. I held out my hand knocking my father away from her. I ran as quick as my legs would carry me to her. I picked her up holding her on my hip scanning for Katherine. I let out a cry as Josh was lying face down unmoving. I could tell he was gone and it was my fault. I left him and my father took advantage.

"What was that?" My father asked one of his men. I used my power to send Brooke to Van as I walked toward my father. My heart was heavy with the rage inside as I held out my hand bringing my father to his knees.

"You killed my family!" I growled as a dark energy filled my soul. My father looked at me in disbelief.

"You are dead," he gasped as I forced him to his hands.

"No father I'm not dead but you soon will be," I spat angrily. He took everything from me; my family, the ancestors, even the Magi he took from me. He never cared for me like he claimed he just wanted someone to give him their power. I was born to be killed so he could rule over everyone and to enslave those he deemed unworthy.

"My little girl realizes her full potential," he smiled a sadistic grin. He was enjoying my darkness. If he couldn't kill me he wanted me to be evil but at this point I couldn't be bothered to care...