Protection

I woke in the morning to a big commotion. I jumped to my feet rushing down stairs to find my brother in chains in the living room.

"Josh!" I gasped running towards him. I felt two strong arms wrap around me yanking me away before I could reach him. "Let go!"

"No can do princess," Drake laughed as Chad stood in front of my brother knife in hand. "If I let go you would touch him activating your full powers."

"Chad look at me!" I yelled tears racing across my cheeks. He faced me as I pleaded. "Chad if you ever cared about me don't do this. Kill me instead!"

"Chad do it!" Drake snapped as Chad's eyes filled momentarily with remorse. I reached toward my brother hoping to touch him. I thought only of the prophecy and strength like that would save him. I kicked Drake's leg as hard as I could. He grunted his grip loosening slightly. I elbowed him in the stomach as he dropped me on the floor. I scrambled across the floor reaching for my brother. I felt a hand wrap around my ankles about to yank me back. In a flash my hand reached my brother's leg. I felt the power building inside as our eyes started glowing. I saw my brother's eyes turn purple and I knew mine were the same electric purple. I was ripped away from my brother and flung into the glass coffee table. I shrieked in pain as it shattered below me. I had tinny cuts from the glass all over my body. I got up facing Drake who had the knife.

"No!" I screamed jumping in front of my brother the blade pressing into my stomach. I gasped looking down in disbelief. Drake froze his eyes filled with shock. He had disobeyed an order and hurt me. I fell back into my brother's arms as the edged of my vision darkened, my blood staining my dress from the party last night.

"No sis," Josh gasped supporting my full weight. Chad looked at me with so much regret. The last thing I saw was Josh's sad eyes...

"Sapphire," Josh said as my eyes fluttered open. I looked over at him seeing we were at the hospital. "We are free."

"What happened?" I asked sitting up slightly.

"Nathan used his magic to save us. We escaped the compound," Josh smiled as I looked around hoping Nathan was here.

"Where is Nathan?" I asked as longing flooded my heart.

"He's in the hall do you want him?" Josh asked as I nodded. He walked out of the cool hospital room returning with Nathan. My eyes locked on to his grey eyes as he stole my breath. I felt my mouth drop slightly at the sight of him.

"Sapph," Nathan said rushing toward me pressing his lips to mine hungrily. I felt my Lycan purring inside me as the kiss deepened sending an electric heat through my body. I wrapped my hand around the back of his neck running my fingers through his hair.

"My mate," I smiled as he pulled away. He looked at my wound. I felt his magic lacing my body back together. I got to my feet hugging my brother quickly. "My brother!"

"I had to save you I just wish you didn't get hurt during our plan," Josh said as I squeezed him.

"All I wanted was you to stay safe," I whispered as Nathan wrapped his arms around both of us joining our hug. "How long before we have to run?"

"Five minutes I'd say," Josh said as I followed them into the hall. We walked down the long empty hallway the silence sending chills up my spine. Something wasn't right I could feel it. I grabbed my brother pulling him behind me. I found sorta feel my powers as we continued down the hall. My brother stiffened as Nathan stopped tossing me a gun. I gripped the rubber grip my finger resting on the trigger.

"Do you feel it?" I whispered to my brother as he nodded. He could feel the uneasiness as we made our way toward the elevator. I stopped ducking down the hallway as I saw Drake at the nurses station. We walked quickly down the hall and over to the stairwell. I opened it slipping inside Nathan grabbing my hand.

"How did they find us?" Josh asked as Nathan stiffened.

"Probably because Todd was discovered," Nathan said as I took the lead holding the gun with both hands. I rushed down the stairs taking them two at a time.

"Sapphire!" I heard someone yell from above us. I saw Drake looking down at us. I picked up my pace reaching the first floor. I let Josh and Nathan go first as I fired a shot at Drake before following them. I found a chair in the lobby wedging it in the door. I ran catching up to Josh and Nathan. We ran out of the hospital my legs pounding against the pavement. We ran down the street and around the corner before ducking into an alley. I was breathing heavily still not used to the powers I now possess.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I asked as Josh grabbed my hand.

"I know where to go but you might not like it," Josh said dragging back onto the street. We walked onto a street where the buildings were run down and crumbling before out eyes. We walked into a building that wasn't totally a lost cause. It smelled like rotting flesh inside but it would provide protection against tracking. We walked up to the top of the building and onto the roof.

"This will do. From here we can see any threats within the next few blocks," I said sitting on the roof. Nathan sat next to me giving me his jacket.

"I'll get us out of here," Nathan said as I leaned against his neck letting his intoxicating scent wash over me. I had no doubts he would keep us safe...