House Call

I stood in front of the window staring out at the peaceful morning but only found myself thinking of the fight I had with Nathan. He actually left me alone going against the things he told me. He said he would always protect me and he ditched me.

"Sapph," Josh said softly from the doorway.

"What?" I asked not even bothering to face him.

"Nathan has been spotted with his former coven," Josh said causing tears to rush down my face. He hated them for their judgment and now he's back helping them.

"Leave him be," I said firmly keeping my voice level no sign of my weakness.

"Sure Sis," Josh said shutting the door behind himself. I gasped touching my belly thinking of the life of my children. I dialed Nathan in the hopes he is still taking my calls

"What?!" He growled as his words took my breath. The hate was clear as he spoke.

"Please come back. We need to talk about this Nathan," I whispered trying to stay calm. "You left without even talking this out."

"You killed our child without a conversation why would I give you the same curtesy?" He snapped as tears rushed down my cheeks. He had no clue the baby or in this case babies are fine.

"Nathan I love you so much but it seems like I never meant a damn to you?!" I said my voice laced with pain. I gasped as I felt the babies move in my stomach as if reacting to my emotions.

"Sure you never meant anything now don't call again!" He spat hanging up. I gasped sliding down to the floor as pain racked my body. He said he never loved me. I gave him everything thing I had including my life and he said I meant nothing. I pulled out my phone dialing a local witch I know. I was going to need magical help through this pregnancy, more than anyone else.

"Hello this is Sam," the man said cheerfully.

"Hi um my name is Sapphire I'm the alpha of the Lycan pack near you. I'm pregnant with a half witch baby. I was wondering if you could fill me in on the things I need to know," I said my heart racing with nervousness.

"I'll come over to get more details. Are you free now?" He asked.

"Yes just tell the guards you are here to see the babies," I whispered hanging up. I got off the floor fixing my hair quickly. I looked at my phone seeing Nathan on my screen. I locked my phone tossing it on the bed before walking down the stairs and into the grand living room.

"Sapphire there's a man here for the kids," Josh said showing the man to me. I reached out shaking his hand firmly.

"Hi," I smiled as he stared at me a moment longer as if identifying me.

"Your her," he gasped as I blushed. "Nathan told our coven about you."

"Please you can't tell him about the children," I said tears filling my eyes.

"Fine but news like this spreads and quickly," Sam said as I looked at him.

"I'm having the next set of Gemini and they have witch in them now," I gasped, "I was unsure what to expect."

"I can't read them. It's like you aren't pregnant," Sam said his hand spread across my belly. "I think it's a defense trigger. If you hadn't needed to fight they wouldn't have hidden."

"So turning into a Lycan made them scared?" I said as I thought of Nathan. I wanted him here but I also knew he had to want me not come for the children.

"So is there anything I should know?" I asked softly holding back tears. I felt a wave of nausea hit me. I took a breath holding it back.

"Be careful. They have magic already that you can tap into," Sam said as I leaned against the wall. "I'll check back in a few months to see how you are doing."

"Alright," I said walking him to the door.

"Also if I can sense this much power more people will come. Your children are going to be in more danger," he said before walking out the door and to his car speeding off. I walked over to Josh falling into his already open arms allowing him to center me.

"I'll protect my family," he said as I closed my eyes. I wanted so badly for this to be Nathan but it wasn't.

"I love him," I sobbed as he held me close. It made it so much worse that I was pregnant with his babies, they are a constant reminder of the pain he has caused me.

"I know sister, I know," he whispered as he let me cry it all out, not just the pain that Nathan caused but tears about everything wrong with my life. I pulled it together quickly before walking outside. The cool air nipped at my bare arms as I walked through the courtyard and down the street. The leaves on the trees had turned a beautiful shade of red. It was as if the leaves knew we lost a lot of blood and changed accordingly. I walked past a playground finding three children playing. Their laughs making me think about my children. They squealed while chasing each other around the jungle gym.

"Nathan come back to me," I whispered a tear falling down my face. I reached up wiping it away quickly before continuing down the street. I saw happy families that only served as a reminder of the thing I never had, I never will have the happy family my children deserve. My own father didn't even care about my brother and I how was he going to feel about grandchildren that are just like me. As I walked back to the compound it hit me how alone in this I was. Nathan left me utterly alone...