Broken

Outside the compound the pack was fighting over my ability to lead. While I didn't care if I was Alpha, I wasn't about to let my father win. I had to keep it together to prove I could lead regardless of my witch status. To make matters more complex I was pregnant which may complicate things.

"Sapphire the Lycan hunters are approaching. With our pack in a state of chaos we can't fight them," Josh said as I sighed.

"Josh come with me and I'll show you how to take them down," I said as we stepped out of the house.

"Sapph," Tony called but I kept walking unable to stand the sight of him. "You can't keep ignoring me!"

"Actually I can because hunters are coming into our territory so I have things to do. The pack is fighting over leadership so our warriors won't fight. Josh and I are going to take care of the pack regardless of our Alpha status!" I snapped catching everyone's attention. I turned walking into the woods quickly. I climbed up into a tree to await the hunters.

"Sapphire," Josh said pointing to the hunters.

"Lycans are dangerous and must be dealt with," the man said to his teenage son. I gasped knowing the son was having second thoughts about hunting us.

"But they haven't actually attacked us," the son said as the father laughed.

"They haven't attacked because we are hunting them," the father said.

"Stay here," I whispered to Josh jumping down still in human form. "Hello I'm Sapphire the Alpha. Can I help..." I dodged as the father fired his weapon at me.

"See they are violent!" The father yelled as I hid behind a tree.

"I could have killed you without warning as you had no idea I was there!" I yelled to him.

"Dad she has a point," the son said.

"She's alone," the father laughed when Josh jumped down.

"She really could have killed you both but she heard your son's compassion and wanted to give you a chance to leave," Josh said softly.

"You can't turn it's not a full moon," the father said as I stepped out allowing my Lycan form to take hold. The father's eyes widened in fear. He put himself in front of his son quickly. I shifted back holding my hands up.

"I'm not going to hurt you but the others in my pack might because they are scared," I whispered as the son ran around his father walking up to me.

"Do you have families?" The son asked as I smiled.

"Yes we do. I'm actually pregnant," I said as the son glanced at his father.

"They are like us, scared," the son said as the father took aim. I watched with horror as he fired a shot. His son pushed me out of the way. I covered my mouth as the bullet ripped through his stomach. I rushed to his side putting up a barrier.

"Eddy why did you jump in front of my shot!" The father yelled as I knelt next to him.

"Eddy it's okay," I said softly calling my magic forward. I felt my power flow into him his wound stitching itself together. He gasped sitting up. "Did I get it all?"

"I think so," Eddy said as he glared at his father. "You shot me!"

"It was your fault for saving a monster!" He yelled at his son taking aim again. I watched the bullet hit the shield bouncing back hitting his father.

"Shit," I gasped rushing toward his father. I called to my magic but the wound wouldn't close. I took his pulse but there wasn't one. "Eddy, I'm sorry I can't help him. He is already dead."

"But he was my only family," Eddy whispered. I walked toward him pulling him into my arms.

"I'm sorry. If you feel comfortable you can stay with the pack," I said as he looked at me.

"Thanks for trying to reason with my dad," Eddy said as I took his arm leading him to the pack. I reached the pack only to find my father trying to enter the compound.

"Dad did the pack request you to be leader?" I asked harshly.

"Um yeah," he said as I glanced around. I could tell no one had.

"Until the pack asks me to step down I'm maintaining my Alpha status. Just so you are aware I took care of the hunter problem!" I snapped leading Eddy inside. "Everyone I have agreed to let Eddy stay with the pack as he disagrees with his father's views of Lycan hunting."

"Won't his father come for us?" My father said trying to take advantage of the situation.

"His father is dead," I said walking inside the compound. I showed Eddy to the guest room before Tony walked in. "What?!"

"I need the ring back," Tony said as I felt a sharp pain in my chest. He was taking the engagement ring back and it hadn't even been a week since he left me.

"Are you giving it to Amber?" I asked fighting back tears.

"Yes I am," Tony said as I pulled it off. I tossed it at him as a tear slipped down my face.

"If you ever cared about me you would have bought a new ring!" I snapped as Amber stood next to him. I could see how happy she was at my pain. Why was she so happy this hurt me? There was something about her that seemed familiar. "Get out."

"Sapph," Tony said as I glared.

"You brought her here to our house to take back the ring. It's as if you were trying to make this painful for me. I loved you so deeply Tony, more so than I have ever loved anyone else and you destroyed me." I sobbed as he grabbed my arm. "Let go. You chose Amber so be with Amber and let me move on!" I yelled rushing into my room. I flopped on my bed the silence that followed threatened to swallow me whole. Could I do this without Tony?