Broken

I stood by the window looking out at the setting sun as Tony flashed through my mind. I felt a pang of loneliness in my heart in the spot that Tony used to fill. I sighed looking at the dress lying on my bed knowing if I didn't go to the party downstairs I might not last long. I pulled the flowing blood red dress on quickly before slipping my tan heels on. I sat down waiting on the bed for Eric to release me from my room as I was currently locked in. It had been days since I had seen my children and I missed them. I found myself wondering if they remembered me anymore. I jumped to my feet as the door swung open. I walked toward Eric cautiously before taking his arm.

"You look stunning," he smiled as I rolled my eyes. He stopped facing me. "I surrounded the house with magic so don't try and escape."

"I wouldn't dream of it," I said with a fake looking smile. He put his arm on my waist as we entered the party. He pulled me onto the dance floor putting his hand on my lower back. He pulled be tightly against him as we waltzed across the dance floor. I couldn't even keep up the façade of joy while at the party. The longer we danced the more sick to my stomach I felt. I was dancing with the man who killed Tony. Eric spun me out before yanking me back in his lips inches from mine. Had he not killed Tony I might have felt an attraction toward him but his touch only made me queazy.

"So where is your little girlfriend?" I question as he laughed.

"Not coming tonight," he said as he stopped dancing. I sighed looking anywhere but Eric unable to stand looking at him any longer.

"I'm going to get a drink," I said not wasting time in rushing toward a waiter. I grabbed a glass of pink champagne taking a sip. I stood on the edge of the dance floor watching people having a good time. I felt a sadness as I watched a couple laughing as they danced. I couldn't help but think how that used to be Tony and I. I jumped as someone tapped my shoulder pulling me from my thoughts. I spun finding the old witch who tried to help me. "Hey," I said flatly.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as I sighed.

"I'm stuck here," I whispered as she glanced around the room.

"I see," she whispered as I took another sip. "Where is Tony?"

"Dead," I gasped fighting back the tears as images of his dead body floated through my mind.

"How?" She asked pity filling her wise gaze.

"Eric killed him when I wouldn't hand over the twins," I said looking down as my breath shook. I put my hand on my stomach trying to calm myself. My eyes returned back to hers as my emotions settled.

"My coven sent me to see what's happening and I guess I'll tell them the bad news," she said when I felt Eric wrap his arm around my waist. I flinched facing him quickly.

"Who was that?" He asked as the old woman retreated.

"Just a witch I once knew," I said leaving out the part where she wants him dead.

"Come let us dance," he said taking my champagne putting it on a nearby table. He gripped my hand essentially dragging me onto the dance floor. I stumbled into him as he spun to me. He swept me toward him gazing into my eyes. I fought against my discomfort as we glided through the crowd. His dark eyes bore into mine as his lips came toward mine. My insides screamed run but I knew that would be unwise. I felt his cool lips brush mine sending a chill down my spine. I hated his touch but I had to allow it. I felt his dark magic trying to press into me as his lips lapped hungrily at me. I used to crave his dark energy but now I dreaded the feeling. He pulled away as I held back tears. "Did you love my magic?"

"I guess," I whispered unable to say yes. He looked at me in confusion as a tear slipped down my cheek. "I'm sorry give me a minute." I gasped fleeing from the room. I reached the foyer coming to a standstill as my breath caught in my chest. I tried desperately to suck in air but I couldn't breathe as I was currently drowning in my own thoughts. Tony was dead, my children in danger, I kissed Eric and, I was trapped in this place with every evil witch right now.

"Sapphire," Eric said grabbing my arm tightly. He dragged me up the stairs and into my room as I broke down sobbing.

"I'm sorry please don't hurt me," I pleaded as he froze staring at me. I leaned away as he reached his hand out afraid of the blow that was inevitable.

"I'm not going to hurt you Sapphire," Eric said as I looked up at him, fear evident in my violet eyes. He frowned allowing for Nathan to gain control. I looked up into Nathan's kind eyes rushing into his arms.

"Nathan," I cried as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I got you Sapph, I'm here for you," Nathan said pulling me close. I felt my breathing become regular once more as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Nathan I think I'm going to die here," I whispered pulling back looking into his eyes.

"No you won't. I won't let him hurt you!" Nathan said firmly taking my face in his hand. He stroked it causing my breath to hitch.

"How can you be so sure?" I gasped stepping away from him.

"Because I took control the last time he tried to full on kill you," Nathan said softly. This is what we had been reduced to, a moment of time when Eric allowed. No matter how much I felt I needed Nathan I couldn't let my feelings resurface and cloud my judgment. At the end of the day I'll have to kill him or be killed myself...