Linked No More

"Sapphire what is this?" Eric asked holding up my engagement ring.

"My engagement ring," I whispered as he looked at it.

"You kept it?" Eric said his eyes filling with confusion.

"I couldn't just throw it away, I still loved Tony," I said carefully as Eric looked at me.

"It's very pretty," Eric said after a moment.

"Thank you it's based on my rose mark," I said as he put it down. "You can discard it, I am never going to be with Tony."

"Are you sure?" Eric asked as I took the ring. The cool diamond pressed against my hand as I looked at it. I felt a flash of pain followed by the familiar connection between Tony and I. I felt his emotions and they weren't sad in fact he seemed happy. I gasped dropping the ring as I realized he was with someone. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I stuttered trying to reel in my rising emotions.

"It clearly is important to you so tell me what's wrong," Eric said when his eyes widened.

"What?" I asked as he grabbed my left hand. I looked at my ring finger and the mark was fading. I ran to a mirror seeing my rose mark had vanished. Our link had be severed and while I could still feel Tony it was more vague instead of the vibrant emotions I could feel before. "The link is disintegrating."

"Is that good or bad?" Eric asked as I faced him.

"Both," I whispered as he held my hand. "It means the ancestors don't think Tony is my mate but it also means I can't get a proper picture anymore."

"Sapphire," Eric said caressing my cheek. "He is a fool for moving on. You are worth dying for!"

"Sapphire there are hunters nearby," Amber said rushing toward me. "What do we do?"

"Let me handle it," I said softly running out the front door. I froze as I spotted the hunter and he had a little girl in front of him like a shield. "Hey!"

"Stay back or I'll kill her," the hunter smiled.

"How about a trade? My life for hers," I said firmly as he laughed.

"What makes you so special?" He demanded as I looked at her. She whimpered in pain tears streaking her little face.

"I'm the Alpha," I said quickly hoping he would let her go. His eyes widened in surprise as I knelt down on the ground.

"Deal," he said leveling his gun at me firing four rounds. I gasped as the bullets ripped through my body, two in the belly one in the chest and the last one missed completely. I hit the ground wincing in pain. I watched as the girl ran away as the hunter approached me. He looked down at me as my warm blood soaked my shirt before pooling below me. "Stupid Alpha saved one girl only to doom the rest."

"At least I saved one," I said firmly as blood dripped from the corner of my mouth. I felt a flare of dark energy from within my body. I smiled as I released it into the hunter. He gasped before I watched the life fade from his eyes. He collapsed next to be as the magic faded leaving me weak and bleeding.

"Sapphire," Eric yelled rushing to my side.

"I couldn't let him hurt her," I coughed a tear slipped down my face as pain rushed through me. "I'm sorry. Tell Nathan I'm sorry."

"No damn it I can save you!" Eric snapped grabbing my hand. "My love is strong enough for both of us." I felt his magic humming on his skin before it entered my body. I winced as his powers burned through me. I gasped as the pain vanished. I looked down seeing the wounds were completely healed.

"How?" I gasped sitting up. "You only have good magic and not much of it."

"I told you my love was strong enough," Eric said helping me to my feet. I looked at him my lips parted slightly. I wrapped my arms around him as his hands wrapped around my waist. I pulled away when I felt a blast of pain through the almost nonexistent connection.

"Tony," I whispered as Eric looked at me the sting of betrayal in his eyes. "Eric come with me!"

"Why?" He asked as I felt it again.

"Tony is in trouble," I said softly. "If I can feel his pain it must be a huge amount of it."

"He made his bed leave him Sapph. He isn't your job anymore!" Eric said when I felt another wave.

"I can't," I said sadly. "If you won't come I'll go by myself." Eric groaned taking my hand. I teleported to Tony and landed in the middle of a fight between an Alpha of a different pack. "Tony!" Within seconds we were grabbed by two guards. I struggled against their hold.

"This your girl? She's pretty," the Alpha laughed as Tony clutched his stomach. "Does she know why you are here?"

"I'm not his girl!" I growled as the Alpha glanced at me.

"Then why are you here?" The Alpha demanded walking toward me. He touched my cheek sending a chill down my spin. "Why would a pretty thing like you come for him?"

"Leave her alone!" Eric yelled causing the Alpha to face him.

"Oh she's your girl," the Alpha laughed before knocking Eric across the room. In seconds I transformed into my Lycan form taking the Alpha by surprise.

"Back off!" I snarled as he looked at me.

"She's a Gemini," he gasped as I stood protectively in front of Eric. "If I kill her I'd be unstoppable."

"Try it I dare you!" I snapped as he held a gun aiming at me. I felt a burst of magic launching him through the wall. Eric hopped on my back as I made my way to Tony. I put my paw on him teleporting away. I turned back into my human form facing Tony. "What the hell did you do?!"