Dear Brother

We arrived in San Diego early in the morning in hopes of beating the rest of the pack to save my brother. We pulled stopped at a hotel just down the road so I could change my clothes as I was still in hospital scrubs. I got up to the room as Nathan conjured me jeans and a pink tank top. He handed the to me before I shut the door. I slipped them on tossing my scrubs on the ground. I sprayed them with perfume before walking out of the bathroom. Nathan was on the bed waiting for me.

"Let's walk over to his house," I said as he nodded.

"It will be less obvious than driving," he said as we rode the elevator to the lobby. We stepped out into the cool San Diego morning traffic buzzing all around us. We walked down the sidewalk my gun rubbing against my back as we continued towards his house.

"Do you think he'll listen to us?" I asked as fear prickled my body. I tried desperately to quash the fear but still it began building.

"If not show him," Nathan said reassuringly. I nodded as I spotted the house. I stood on the sidewalk looking up at the grand house before us. I took one step up followed by several more before coming to a halt. I reached up pushing the doorbell. Nathan stood behind me keeping a look out in case the pack found us. I smiled as the door opened.

"Hi I'm looking for Josh Rowen," I said softly.

"Rowen, I don't know any Rowen," the old man grumbled.

"Are you sure this is the address on file for him," I asked a little thrown by the fact he wasn't here. If Chad was here we would know if he ever lived here.

"Yes I'm sure," the man said slamming the door in my face. Nathan looked at me as I walked over to him.

"Maybe we should ask a neighbor if they know him," I sighed as we walked next door. I knocked on the door making sure my gun was well hidden.

"Can I help you?" A girl asked as I smiled.

"I'm looking for Josh Rowen," I said as her smile faltered.

"Like I told the cops he moved away," she said as my heart raced. The pack was here looking for him.

"Do you know where? He's my brother," I said softly knowing she wasn't going to tell me without a reason.

"No I'm sorry like I told them I don't know where they moved," she said as I sighed.

"Thanks for your time," I said walking down the steps. Nathan groaned in disappointment. "We need to find him before they do."

"I don't know where to look," he sighed as we walked back toward the hotel.

"There is no magic that can track him?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Damn it," I shrieked as we turned onto the street with the hotel. I froze spotting my father. He hadn't spotted is but was headed in our direction. I grabbed Nathan's arm pulling back around the corner.

"What?" He asked as I bit my lip.

"My father is coming this way," I sighed pulling the gun out of my shirt taking the safety off.

"What are you going to shoot him?" Nathan demanded as I winced.

"Only if he catches us," I whispered as we walked down the street away from the hotel and down an alley hiding next to a dumpster. I was thankful that I would mask my smell.

"Sapphire the car is at the hotel with you smell all over it. They know you are close by we need to keep moving," Nathan whispered as I looked at him.

"I need perfume," I said softly as he conjured up a bottle. I sprayed it all over us before we continued down the ally. We stepped onto a busy street as Nathan handed me his sweatshirt.

"Put it on and keep your head down," he said as I pulled it on with the hood over my head. I walked through the crowded street keeping an eye out for other Lycans. I reached the bus stop standing waiting for a bus to get us way from here. I jumped as my phone rang loudly. I answered it quickly.

"Hello," I gasped as Nathan shot me a glare.

"Sapphire come back and I promise you will be safe. They only want your brother," my father said as I stiffened.

"Tell that to my stab wound," I snapped getting on the bus.

"Trust me. If you help kill your brother they won't hurt you," my father said causing my heart to crack. He wants me to kill my own brother without cause.

"No bye!" I growled tossing my phone out the window.

"What did he want?" Nathan asked as tears pooled in my eyes.

"For me to kill my brother," I whispered softly as Nathan pulled me into his arms. I sobbed on his shoulder as the pain deep inside resurfaced.

"Shh it's okay. I'll protect you always," he said softly as I took a breath settling my emotions. I wiped my eyes with my hands before sitting back in my seat. We took the bus all the way to the end of the line. We got off walking into a bustling bar. Nathan pulled out his phone calling his people to come get us giving them the address. I couldn't help but think of my brother who we had no clue how to find and the tracker hot on his tail.

"Nathan is there a way to find my brother?" I asked again in the hopes the answer changed.

"I know one way but we have to wait for a full moon to do it and I'm going to need a drop of your blood," he said as I winced. I hate blood and needles.

"Okay I will for my brother but just so you know I may faint," I said firmly. He smirked leading me to the car. We hopped in driving back to Texas this time Austin. Dear brother I'm coming...