Flashbacks

I stood near a lake a tear falling down my face. My parents were so disappointed with my lack of power. I could barely conjure a small flame and I was the daughter of two of the strongest witches in our coven.

"Are you okay?" A man asked me. I faced him wiping my tears quickly.

"I'm fine," muttered trying to walk past him.

"I'm not blind," he said stopping me in my tracks.

"I don't have as much magic as I should," I said after a moment. "My parents are angry. They think I'm not applying myself."

"What's your name?" He asked as I sighed.

"Natalie," I said softly. "What's your name?"

"I'm Eric. Just so you know magic isn't worth one damn thing. The only thing that matters is we support each other no matter what," Eric said conjuring a beautiful pink rose. He handed it to me with a smile. I felt a blush creep across my cheeks. He was so handsome and his dark eyes that sparkled with a joy I hadn't seen in anyone before. Not even when my parents were together.

"Thank you," I said a small smile spreading across my lips.

"I should go," he said turning to walk away.

"Will I see you again?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Like I could stay away," he smiled walking away.
---
"Natalie have you practiced magic yet?" My mother snapped as I felt a pain in my chest followed by the feeling that I wasn't good enough. I was never good enough and was a powerless leach.

"No mom but I will now," I said trying to conjure a fire. I frowned as a small flame danced on one finger. Tears sprung to my eyes as I released the magic. I wasn't a strong witch and I wasn't even a normal witch. I felt a hate for myself deep in my chest. I opened my dresser drawer in my room pulling out my pocket knife. Everyone would be better off without me.

"Hello is Natalie home?" I heard Eric ask my mother. I quickly put the knife away walking downstairs stopping to listen to their conversation.

"Eric yes she is," my mother beamed. He must be important for my mother to treat him like royalty. I walked over to him with a small smile. I hadn't seen him since the lake and I had been wondering if I would ever see him. "She's free to hang out."

"Natalie would you like to come with me to a party. It's a party with the Witch leaders from across the Nation." Eric said as I looked at him.

"I don't have anything to wear," I muttered as he laughed. I felt the hum of his magic as the dress formed on my body. "It's so beautiful!"

"Yeah you are," he said causing my breath to hitch. He was so handsome and powerful. He must have girls chasing him yet here he was asking me to go with him.

"Let's go," I smiled taking his arm. We traveled by magic to the party. We arrived to a party in full swing. I stood at the edge of the party frozen by my panic. These people were important with a huge amount of magic while I couldn't light a candle.

"Eric!" A girl with blue eyes squealed pressing her lips against his. He pulled away looking displeased while she looked thrilled.

"Rory we aren't together why did you kiss me?" Eric demanded as she frowned.

"We would be perfect together," she said as Eric glanced at me. I rushed forward wrapping my arm around his waist with a smile. He put his arm around my waist as Rory's eyes locked on me. I could see a hint of anger but as soon as I saw it, it was gone and I wasn't sure I had actually seen it. "Who are you?!"

"I'm Natalie," I smiled at her as she sneered.

"The one without powers," she said flatly as Eric gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"Magic isn't everything," Eric snapped causing her to walk away. I faced Eric as he caressed my cheek.

"Let's dance," I said wanting to take my mind off my magic. He smiled taking my right hand his right on my waist. We glided effortlessly through the crowd. My heart fluttered as our lips were inches apart. I felt his breath on my cheek as he dipped me before continuing to glide. I wasn't a good dancer but with him I felt like I could do anything.

"You look so beautiful!" Eric smiled as I looked down feeling self-conscious. I looked up to find Eric's eyes studying me as a crackle of electricity filled the space between us. I moved closer unconsciously our lips centimeters away from each other. Our lips touched as we stopped dancing. I felt a flare of heat flood my system. We fit like a puzzle. It was as if we were carefully crafted for each other. He was my other half and filled a void I hadn't realized I had. We pulled away our mouths open slightly as we stared at each other in shock. We had just kissed and didn't realize we were doing it.

"I should go," I said quickly fleeing from Eric. He called for me to come and talk but I kept running. I rushed from the room and out the front door. I got outside the cold air nipping at my skin my breath visible. I ran around the building to a different side to hide from Eric. I leaned against the wall breathing heavily. Did I want a relationship with Eric? I wasn't even sure I was ready for a relationship. I was 22 and had never dated and here I was kissing a guy on the first date. I winced as I felt a wave of magic hit me.

"He'll never be yours!" Rory spat as I stood facing her.

"He won't be yours Rory," I sniped when she launched me across the clearing...
End of Flashback
My eyes flew open as I faced the ancestors.

"Why am I awake I only got a few moments?" I asked when one looked solemn.

"Your memory is blocked by something you went through. We would kill you if we pushed it," one ancestor said. Tears filled my eyes. I wasn't going to learn about my past life or how I came back...

[A/N]
The picture above is the dress from the flashback.