Natalie

(Eric's POV)
I stood in the living room pacing back and forth. She actually took in the darkness and left me. She was the only thing keeping me good. There was a time that I was good without anyone but then the thing I loved most was ripped from my arms. The ancestors were the reason I had lost Natalie.

"She left," Nathan gasped as I look at him.

"I tried to stop her but I couldn't," I said pain rushing through me.

"She made her choice and now she must deal with it," Nathan said trying to calm me. He was right I couldn't keep beating myself up over it. I sat down when suddenly the room was filled with people. The ancestors were standing in front of me and in one of the ancestors' arms was Sapphire...

"What happened?" I demanded cradling her in my arms. She looked so peaceful as I placed her on the couch. I put my fingers against her neck trying to find a pulse. I felt a tear slip down my cheek as she didn't have a pulse at all. I lost the thing I cared about again and like last time it had to do with the ancestors. "You did this you killed her!" I growled as rage filled my eyes.

"No we didn't, the Magi killed her, Rory killed her after she found out who she was," Sasha said to me. I looked at her in confusion. Why would Rory care about a Lycan?

"What she has a thing against Lycans," I muttered as Sasha glanced at another ancestor.

"Should I tell him?" Sasha asked as one nodded. She opened her mouth to answer when someone else shook their head. For the first time in centuries they weren't in agreement on how to proceed. "He has a right to know, it could happen again."

I felt a hum of magic race across my arm. I turned to see Sapphire's hand gripping mine. She was dead but now she isn't. I quickly took to healing her. I watched as her wounds healed but I also saw her golden hair darkening to a dark brown. I felt a pang of sadness as it reminded me so much of Natalie.
(Sapphire's POV)
My eyes flew open to find Eric standing next to me. I jumped to my feet rushing toward him when I saw the pain in his eyes. He was relieved I was alive but something was bothering him. I saw my hair out of the corner of my eye. It was brown like in my past life. He was upset and missing the old me.

"Eric," I said wrapping my arms around him. "I love you until our last breath, I promise," I said as Eric stiffened pulling back to look at me.

"What did you just say?" He asked his eyes filling with hope.

"I told you I would love you until our last breath," I said a small smile playing at my lips. "I wish I had known sooner that we were destined to find each other."

"Natalie?" He breathed as I nodded.

"Yeah it's me," I said softly.

"You died and witches don't come back unless they use dark magic," Eric said as I pressed my lips against his silencing his rambling. He pulled me tightly against him breathing in my scent. He looked at me and I saw a joy in him I had yet to see. I also felt a shift a darkness in him fizzling out as we looked at each other.

"I don't remember much but I remember loving you so deeply. I think that's why Tony and I could never work. We were fated to meet but you and I were destined to be," I said firmly without even the smallest doubt.

"What do you remember?" He asked as I looked at him sadly.

"I remember dying at the hands of Rory. She was one of the Magi Eric," I said facing the ancestors panic flooding my system. "What happened to her?"

"We turned to help you and when we looked up she was gone. I'm sorry Sapphire," one ancestor said to me. I felt Eric's arms wrap around my waist pulling me close.

"I won't let her hurt you, not again," Eric said as fear spread across my skin.

"Sapphire we wanted to know how you came back?" The ancestor asked as I shrugged.

"I don't remember. I wish I could remember everything but the only thing I remember was the few minutes prior to my death," I said softly wishing I knew what happened.

"We have a spell that might help but it's delicate and in your case more so, you are half Lycan," the ancestor spoke as I faced Eric.

"It's not worth your life," he said firmly but in my heart I needed to know everything about our lives. I wanted to remember our first date and if we were married.

"But I need to remember," I said softly as he took my hand.

"I'll tell you everything," he said but I shook my head.

"I have to do this," I said facing the ancestors. "How is this spell done and how does it feel?"

"The spell is done on sacred ground and it's just like when you almost died. The spell puts you on the brink of death triggering any memories you have," the ancestor said.

"So that's how people came up with life flashing before your eyes," I gasped as Eric grabbed my arm.

"Please don't do this," he pleaded. I felt myself wanting to give in but my heart needed to know how our kiss felt before. He was worth every ounce of pain I may feel just to get a glimpse of our life.

"Until our last breath," I said pressing my lips to his before standing next to the ancestors.

"Until our last breath," Eric said firmly as his eyes filled with complete terror. We teleported away to prepare for the ceremony. We stood near an altar as the witches painted a symbol on my forehead. It was the alchemy symbol for steel.

"It is for strength," one ancestor told me right before she slashed my wrists. I watched the blood pouring from my milky white flesh. I fell to my side slipping into unconsciousness...